U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 576 times

Advertisements

Thanks in advance.

First, I do not do any illegal drugs. Really, I don't. I take 30mg of Vyvanse daily, prescribed by my doctor for Adult ADD. And some additional meds for insulin resistance and cholesterol.

So, I was contacted to take a second pre-employment drug screen because my first came back Negative-Dilute. I took the test on Tuesday morning. It appears to me that the results are not back (according to the background screening companies website) and I have not yet been contacted by an MRO to prove my prescription. The rest of the background came back clear, according to both the screening companies website and the company's HR. Here's the rub:

I was contacted yesterday by my new boss with instructions to report to work at 8:00am Monday morning. I pushed back with a simple 'I think there might be a delay in my background'. She responded that all was good. And so I did in turn say see ya Monday!

So here are my questions/issues/thoughts I would like a response to:

The problem is she was referring to an email from the local HR rep that confirmed my start date and what to bring. It was sent fairly early in the process. The background process and communication has been handled by a corporate HR person.

I probably only caught this because my background in HR, right? A normal person hearing from their new boss to report on Monday would just assume all is good?

I did not want to reach out to the corporate HR person after the interaction with my new boss, essentially going around my new boss and what she said. This would have looked bad, right? I am in a lose/lose. Tell my new boss she is wrong now, or wait for HR to tell her she jumped the gun in error. I chose the latter because then she can blame it on HR not letting her know!

I am going to get sent home on Monday, I just know it. How embarrassing.

I am confident that I will pass the drug screen as I have a current, valid prescription. But, does anyone have thoughts about if they may pull the offer just because of all this trouble? I can't imagine, but I am totally freaking out/second guessing how I handled.

Thanks.

Last edited by bitelulumax; 01-01-2016 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2016, 01:31 PM

9,778 posts, read 16,962,550 times
You are over thinking this. Report to work on Monday.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:48 AM

125 posts, read 72,727 times
If your boss said to report, then report. You don't want to come off as a "know it all" or "I'm smarter than the boss" before you even start! Plus, I have never heard of screening for Vyvannse. Companies screen for particular substances, they don't pay to find out every aspirin, or legal drug in your system! They screen for illegal drugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or