U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 01-09-2016, 09:06 PM
6 posts, read 3,342 times
Reputation: 11


I was able to land an interview for the hospital I volunteer. The first step was the phone interview and it went well. During the phone interview, the lady said that I would need to provide my social security number and some other paperwork for background check and other purposes.

Then came the day of my interview which went well for the most part. I stuttered some parts but recomposed myself later on and the manager noticed I was having a difficult time as well so he helped changed the topic. It was very conversational like and it also helped that the manager remembered me from the last time I went to his department during my volunteer hours. He gave me a specific date that he'd call. So the manager has a limp leg because of a muscle strain, and after the interview, he walked me out and said, "Maybe the next time we see each other, I won't have a limp leg anymore." And he smiled at me too.

(1st follow up) When the day came, he never called so I decided to call him the next day and asked him about the interview process. He said the interview went very well and they are still highly interested me. However, there are some complications going on their end with an employee that was planning on leaving. He said he'd call me the next week after that.

(2nd follow up) The next week came, but no call. I waited for the next day again and asked him for a follow up on the complication and he said he would try to solve it the day and would call me at 2pm. He says if he doesn't call me back, I could feel free to keep calling him and bug him about the job if I was still highly interested. He also asked me once again for the days I could work and for my phone number so he'd have it on and he doesn't have to go searching for it. So fast forward to 2 pm that same day, and no call from him.

(3rd follow up) Now the 2nd time I called him was during Christmas week, so I figured- okay things might be busy on their end and some people may be missing because of vacation and whatnot. Then 2 weeks later (first week of January), I called him but the phone went straight to his voicemail which of course I left him a voicemail.

I just have a good gut feeling about this job, and I asked my friends about this as well and they said they had a feeling I might get this job. A couple of the employees that I work with in my department at the hospital also said they think I might get the job as well. But sometimes, I just lose faith in myself because it's been a while now. I had the interview back in November and it's already January. And I checked the website where the job listing was posted, and it was removed. So now I'm afraid that someone else might've gotten the position and maybe I should've just called right after Christmas or right after New Years.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top