U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2016, 09:51 PM

6 posts, read 3,309 times

Advertisements

So this hiring manager is really odd. The first time I called in for a follow up, he says that there's a situation with one of the employees is leaving and he'll call back by a specific deadline, but he doesn't. I've called in the next 2 times to ask him about, and he said he'd call back by a specific deadline but he doesn't call back! It's so frustrating because you either let me know if I didn't get the job or tell me if I got the job or not.

How long does it really take for an employee to leave for them to bring a new one in? He's said the interview went very well and that their highly interested in me but there are problems with the employees. Also, he does remember me from my volunteer shift since I applied to a place where I'm currently volunteering for. The next few times he'd say he'd call me back by a specific deadline and if he doesn't then I can call or e-mail him. And it's kind of annoying because it's just showing that I have to basically chase him down for the job or something. I mean, it doesn't seem like he minds that I call because he did tell me that I could call or e-mail him if he doesn't. I'm not sure....Should I just take the hint that they're not interested in me? Since I am applying to other jobs anyways because I have to move on with my life.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 04:42 AM

948 posts, read 537,587 times
Why would you want to work for someone who is stringing you along? Look elsewhere for work!

Old 01-13-2016, 05:18 AM

10,607 posts, read 13,135,231 times
Move on. This manager sounds disorganized and clearly has no control over the situation. Being off to a bad start before even starting says it all.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:20 AM

5,332 posts, read 5,295,429 times
I think you should move on too, rather than endure this torture. I don't think the hiring mgr is doing it on purpose but you should move on to preserve your sanity. Keep tabs on the situation but don't bet on it coming through, or at least don't bet on it comign through anytime soon.

Best of luck

Old 01-13-2016, 06:52 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,854,218 times
Move on. Any employer who does this crap is not worth your time.

I had an employer call about a marketing assistant position. Never called on the appointed date for a phone interview. I didn't bother with them.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:25 AM

15,021 posts, read 21,719,486 times
They may be counter offering the employee hoping he/she will stay. They may not have the approval for the position to be back filled. No one has any idea. Put this on the back burner and move on as everyone has said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or