Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 10:22 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,671,441 times

Advertisements

Thankfully it did not take very long for me to find the right job in the career field I want to be in (administration/banking) but there were a good amount of these jobs open around me. Everyday I checked all my 10 sites or so and send resumes to every lead. Sure there were rejections but thats ok because I found the right one for me. Patience is key and persistence to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 06:16 PM

38 posts, read 38,577 times
I always kept my rejection emails because I wanted to look back once I found the job I wanted and see how far I had came.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:23 PM

38 posts, read 38,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused View Post
If the job boards are hopeless, what are the alternatives? Please do not mention networking - I have found that to be hopeless as well.
Try to register with one of these places in your local area. They have connections with employers all of your area.

ohio.gov/working/jobs

Old 01-17-2016, 01:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,792,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
Gastritis can be treated with herbal tea. It won't cure it 100% but it can keep it at bay.

I agree with not giving up. Something has to give one way or another.
Maybe but I'm very herbal anyway. I have tried marshmallow root...not sure if it was helping. It seemed to make the esophagitis go away but not the gastritis.
When I was really desperate I had the baking soda mix and that calmed my body.
Only tried it a few times so far but have a bunch of stuff for a mix. I'm hoping to try it more. Idk if it will cure me though but right now I can't really take anything cuz I'm on dumb antibiotics.
Have drank different teas..don't know if it really helped.

I'd really be better off getting to the cause because just numbing it worries me. I may not feel the symptoms but that doesn't change the fact that my stomach is inflamed so I'm at risk for it getting worse. I checked out fine otherwise but my doctor noticed my heart rate was slightly high..im sure the stress of unemployment is a partial factor. I seriously wish I could give up and accept my fate because I am only more aware of how much I don't fit in really anywhere.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:43 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,747,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Maybe but I'm very herbal anyway. I have tried marshmallow root...not sure if it was helping. It seemed to make the esophagitis go away but not the gastritis.
When I was really desperate I had the baking soda mix and that calmed my body.
Only tried it a few times so far but have a bunch of stuff for a mix. I'm hoping to try it more. Idk if it will cure me though but right now I can't really take anything cuz I'm on dumb antibiotics.
Have drank different teas..don't know if it really helped.

I'd really be better off getting to the cause because just numbing it worries me. I may not feel the symptoms but that doesn't change the fact that my stomach is inflamed so I'm at risk for it getting worse. I checked out fine otherwise but my doctor noticed my heart rate was slightly high..im sure the stress of unemployment is a partial factor. I seriously wish I could give up and accept my fate because I am only more aware of how much I don't fit in really anywhere.
Have you tried any retail jobs lately?

Also, take a break from the job hunting. Its not worth your health to be stressed out. Every now and then i take breaks, either to work on stories or take walks. That helps a lot.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:58 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,792,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
Have you tried any retail jobs lately?

Also, take a break from the job hunting. Its not worth your health to be stressed out. Every now and then i take breaks, either to work on stories or take walks. That helps a lot.
Yeah my coach had applications to some..actually that's almost all we've had to apply to lately. I have gotten more interviews than I used to but I never get my hopes up about them because I always think of the other candidates. I had one recently (I hope I did not jinx it by saying this) that seemed to be good in a way but I think about what wasn't so good about it. The guy said I stuttered. I'm glad he was honest though but it still worried me.
Actually in a way I don't do so much job hunting (I only do it once a week because that's when my coach can do it) but I guess when you really think about it, even if I'm not sitting there applying I'm still doing it. I'm looking for ways to be better. I'm looking on forums like these and constantly googling. It's the main thing on my mind, before I go to sleep when I'm out in a restaurant..you name it. The only way I am able to detract from it is by doing those sites but like I say they get old so I can't do them everyday like I used to. I have had plenty of days where I do take off the sites and don't really do them but it's like my mind won't let me and then because I'm not doing them I'll think about my unemployment more. Right now even though I did meet with my coach I feel so sleepy cuz I didn't do my sites today. I walk my dogs everyday but that doesn't really ease my mind. I miss playing video games more. It just seems like I can't enjoy them much if I don't have a full day due to subconscious guilt. So it gets worse because I feel that wave of sleepiness, I end up not doing much of anything that day which isn't good either. I used to do the dance workout on the playstation every day but either never give myself the time or just feel too sleepy.
If I'm not thinking about jobs initially, I'm thinking about my health and then that turns into thinking about how I don't have one because I don't like my doctor or I'm thinking about wanting to travel more but know I need to get a job to do that.

Last edited by Nickchick; 01-19-2016 at 04:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search