U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 11:13 AM

213 posts, read 146,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Umm, if the e-mail truly did say, "Congratz on your successful interview, Save your App as final and alert the store director by email that you did so and then we can give you a job offer"., then I call scam or some type of nonsense. WTF sends a professional job acquisition e-mail with such horrific grammar?????
That was just me paraphrasing. Here is what it really said (with *edits* for privacy) if you want to know:

"*PeterPan666*,

Congratulations on your successful interview at Safeway! In order to proceed with your job offer, we need you to complete some additional information on your employment application.
Please log back into your application using the link below and complete the two questions under the "general information" tab. You can either click on the link below or copy and paste the link into your web browser to access your application.
Once completed, please save your application as a "final" on the last page and notify the Store Director via email, that you have completed this request. Only then will we be able to proceed to the next step in the job offer process.

*Link to Application*"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 01:07 PM

19,986 posts, read 18,965,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
The store manager isn't going to want to be bothered. You have to go the "HR" person at the store.
Some supermarket chains may not have human resources managers in store. Interviews and hiring are usually done by the store management team consisting of the store manager and/or assistant/co-manager. If it is for a specific department like front end/customer service, bakery, delicatessen, floral, grocery, meat, pharmacy, produce or seafood, the department manager would likely have involvement in the process.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:34 PM

16,720 posts, read 14,720,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan666 View Post
I completed as final and responded to the e-mail saying I had done so, asking how to contact the store director by e-mail. No response what so ever.

Did you use the same name as your alias? I wouldn't hire you either.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Did you use the same name as your alias? I wouldn't hire you either.
Are you asking me if I sent an application in with the User Name that I use on this site?

Old 01-19-2016, 02:39 PM

15,031 posts, read 21,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPan666 View Post
Are you asking me if I sent an application in with the User Name that I use on this site?
He's joking

Old 01-19-2016, 10:48 PM

PeterPan666, did you receive a phone call from the store manager, or were you able to visit the store?

Old 01-20-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
PeterPan666, did you receive a phone call from the store manager, or were you able to visit the store?
Nope. I'm not sure why they would send me such an e-mail and then ignore me for 2 days, I mean I know they are probably busy but it is aggravating because I really need this job. I've been going to other job fairs in the mean time.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:29 AM

Do not wait for the store director/manager to email or call you. You should visit the prospective store and keep other nearby store locations in consideration.

As you are seeking a career opportunity with Safeway, which in-store department(s) or area(s) of the company are you seeking job opportunities?

Old 01-20-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Do not wait for the store director/manager to email or call you. You should visit the prospective store and keep other nearby store locations in consideration.

As you are seeking a career opportunity with Safeway, which in-store department(s) or area(s) of the company are you seeking job opportunities?
I feel like constantly badgering them would lessen my chances of getting an offer.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:40 AM

I would not call and visit every day. If a week has passed by since any contact, you need to follow up.

Front end/customer service has constant opportunities as team members advance into other departments or find employment opportunities elsewhere.

Would you be open to operating a register in addition to bagging and carrying out groceries?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search