Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,546 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have gone through the interview process for a medium sized company. Interviewed twice within the last 2.5 weeks. I got an email last week with The hiring manager asking me if I was still interested. I said I was and she said she hoped to get back to me "formally" by Monday. Well Monday day passed and I heard nothing. So I could emailed to ask a question about benefits. Last night She replied with benefit information and said she couldn't speak "on record" but They were "putting things through approval and would have something to me within a day" .. Now today passed and I haven't heard anything. This company would be my first choice but how long is too long?

I anticipate a possible offer coming from a different company tomorrow. I also have an interview with a 3rd company tomorrow morning. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket until I get an offer in hand and start date. But it's frustrating being strung along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 04:29 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirandaMe View Post
Hi,

I have gone through the interview process for a medium sized company. Interviewed twice within the last 2.5 weeks. I got an email last week with The hiring manager asking me if I was still interested. I said I was and she said she hoped to get back to me "formally" by Monday. Well Monday day passed and I heard nothing. So I could emailed to ask a question about benefits. Last night She replied with benefit information and said she couldn't speak "on record" but They were "putting things through approval and would have something to me within a day" .. Now today passed and I haven't heard anything. This company would be my first choice but how long is too long?

I anticipate a possible offer coming from a different company tomorrow. I also have an interview with a 3rd company tomorrow morning. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket until I get an offer in hand and start date. But it's frustrating being strung along.

How are you being strung along? The HR woman contacted you and asked you if you were still interested. You said you were and she "hoped" she would get back to you by Monday. You interviewed twice in a very short time span.

Being stung along is interviewing twice, not hearing back, you contact them and get no reply. Or you're told I will definitely have an answer for you by next Friday, and a week goes by and no update.

Or people who got through multiple interviews spread out over months, and than are left in the lurch.

You have been treated pretty good from the sounds of it.

They're not moving quick enough to your liking. And I wouldn't have emailed the benefits question, you ask about that after a formal offer has been made. That might not be looked on favorably.

Look it sounds like one of these positions will come through for you, you need to learn to be a little patient.

I started the interview process for a job in Sept of one year, and got the offer in Dec, 3 months later, now that is being strung along.

Old 02-02-2016, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 1,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
How are you being strung along? The HR woman contacted you and asked you if you were still interested. You said you were and she "hoped" she would get back to you by Monday. You interviewed twice in a very short time span.

Being stung along is interviewing twice, not hearing back, you contact them and get no reply. Or you're told I will definitely have an answer for you by next Friday, and a week goes by and no update.

Or people who got through multiple interviews spread out over months, and than are left in the lurch.

You have been treated pretty good from the sounds of it.

They're not moving quick enough to your liking. And I wouldn't have emailed the benefits question, you ask about that after a formal offer has been made. That might not be looked on favorably.

Look it sounds like one of these positions will come through for you, you need to learn to be a little patient.

I started the interview process for a job in Sept of one year, and got the offer in Dec, 3 months later, now that is being strung along.
Ok thank you for the advice

Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 PM

23,534 posts, read 24,022,219 times
I would continue interviewing until you have an offer in hand, but it sounds like company #1 is processing the offer and you should see it shortly.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:57 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirandaMe View Post
Ok thank you for the advice

You're very welcome. It sounds like you're going to get two offers. I know it's hard, but be a little patient.

Your time frame for this one and the HR woman following up is golden these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search