Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 03:42 PM

4,322 posts, read 6,283,984 times

Advertisements

I came across this article and it perfectly sums up my recent job search: https://www.businesscycle.com/ecri-n...ple-squirrel-1

Companies seem to want to get all the skills/experience but want to pay peanuts for it. I think that may be a reason why my search as of late has been more difficult than it has been in the past. Anyone else encounter something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 07:29 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Yeah, heard that term 4-6 years ago and it's so true....

Reminds me of the time I applied for a position and after NINE months they finally got back to me saying "We have gone with another person"

I replied "Thanks for the information, but I died 3 months ago from starvation waiting for you to call me for an interview"

I don't know if they read it, but still fun to send it....

Old 02-12-2016, 10:18 PM

4,322 posts, read 6,283,984 times
I have applied to several jobs where I had 80% or more of the qualifications on the job posting. I seem to have fallen into one of the two camps:

1. While my interviews went well, they have harped on one of the requirements that I have not either done or done to the extent they are looking for (which wasn't clearly stated on the job description in the first place)
2. I met all of the job requirements and felt I knocked the interviews out of the park. In hearing the feedback, I get the sense that they think I'd be too expensive for what they're looking for.

What gives? How do I get that goldilocks role when I'm pushed into one of these two camps all the time? Very frustrating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search