Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 06:18 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,451,996 times

Advertisements

They seem to be advertising in various cities (all now expired) for a Front Desk Receptionist, $22 an hour. The "interview" is conducted via text messages, the job location can't be seen "because it's being built" and the address can't be given out "for security reasons." But it's ok, they provide transportation and "we'll pick you up for your first day."

Fortunately, here, the mom got involved and the young lady will not be getting in the car.

But they're advertising in other cities for the same job. Anyone else seen an ad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 05:01 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,698,274 times
I would be hard pressed to believe that anywhere would pay $22 an hour for a receptionist job.

I found this ad via google search on snag-a-job.com. The ad is expired however, the job title for the job ad reads:
Swift Data Solutions Front Desk Receptionist / Accounts Receivable / Data Entry job in Los
CompanySwift Data Solutions
Job Title: Front Desk Receptionist / Accounts Receivable / Data Entry
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Hours: Not Specified
Wages: $21/hr
Los Angeles, CA 90003

So I doubt the receptionist job pays $22 but some of the other positions might pay that unless that is all one position but it is just way too vague and no job description which is insane.

I can find nothing else regarding this company. I know you stated it is a new company however, one should be able to find 'something' regarding the company as a start-up, etc, but nada. The ad is way too vague.

I would definitely tread lightly on this one and really do your due diligence on verifying that it is an above board company and not a scam. Everything screams scam to me. Who wants to work for a company that can't even list individual job descriptions and/or more info regarding their company? And who the hell conducts interviews via text messaging? No one, that's who.

Last edited by Corn-fused; 09-08-2015 at 05:10 PM..

Old 09-12-2015, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,128 times
Yes. They got me today too. I googled it the other day not much came through. I didnt think nothing of it because i found it on snaga job. I went through with the process and today they mailed out a check. When i took it into the bank to get cashed, they could not verify the check. They told me just deposit it into your account anyways and we will verify it after. I told them no and both men got smart with me. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. IT IS A SCAM!!!

Old 09-12-2015, 10:10 PM

27,335 posts, read 27,385,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
They seem to be advertising in various cities (all now expired) for a Front Desk Receptionist, $22 an hour. The "interview" is conducted via text messages, the job location can't be seen "because it's being built" and the address can't be given out "for security reasons." But it's ok, they provide transportation and "we'll pick you up for your first day."

Fortunately, here, the mom got involved and the young lady will not be getting in the car.

But they're advertising in other cities for the same job. Anyone else seen an ad?
Text messages are not an interview, in my opinion. Anyone can say anything over text. And what if you dont own a cellphone??
Phone interviews arent uncommon, as Ive been interviewed via phone for jobs that I got, but it used to be the potential employer wants to see you in person.
I read forums on certain companies too, get the input from former or current employees, about the companies, and most responses are of various forms, but if the bad outweigh the good ones, well, Id think twice.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taib26 View Post
Yes. They got me today too. I googled it the other day not much came through. I didnt think nothing of it because i found it on snaga job. I went through with the process and today they mailed out a check. When i took it into the bank to get cashed, they could not verify the check. They told me just deposit it into your account anyways and we will verify it after. I told them no and both men got smart with me. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. IT IS A SCAM!!!
As I suspected. I sure hope you didn't give these scums all of your personal information if you actually got as far as them sending you a fake check. If so, I would watch your back very, very closely.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:46 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,385,151 times
And you know, like they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. 23 bucks and hour for a desk job, thats more than some factory employees at GM make!

Old 09-13-2015, 08:29 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,981,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taib26 View Post
They mailed you a check for what??

Were you supposed to return a portion of it via Western Union? If so, that's 100% definitely a scam.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:20 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,763,280 times
Stay far away from SnagaJob. There's a crap ton of scams on that site. I nearly fell for one.

Old 09-23-2015, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,730 times
I already sent a resume and just received this email. Haven't acted further because I also couldn't find anything about the company.

SWIFT DATA SOLUTIONS

Hello and how are you today? This is to notify you that you have been shortlisted for the interview session. This is in reference to your job application for our Job AD posted on CRAIGSLIST. The board of management has taken this decision to interview for the available position, after carefully reviewing your resume and analyzing your interest. This email is to further brief you about our reputable company, your job responsibilities and as well as a questionnaire you need to fill out carefully in order to proceed to the next phase of the hiring process.

About Us.

Swift Data Solutions., is a leading provider of integrated business, technology and process solutions on a global delivery platform.

SDS is a global services provider delivering technology-driven business solutions that meet the strategic objectives of our clients. SDS has expertise in creating solutions around specific needs of industries. SDS delivers unmatched business value to customers through a combination of process excellence, quality frameworks and service delivery innovation. We offer a comprehensive spectrum of staffing options, to work on full project life cycle development, maintenance and support of existing systems. We also provide IS/IT consultants on an on-need basis to information services to meet the diverse information technology needs.

Our Services .
Application Development
Project Management
Knowledge management
Data migration and conversion

Job Responsibilities.

Support the office/facilities manager in various office administration duties, including facility and general maintenance services. Requires strong communication abilities, as well as computer and data entry skills.

Perform basic clerical tasks. Operates standard office equipment. May require computer and data entry skills.

Input information quickly and accurately from a variety of sources into a computer database. May take customer orders and enter them into a tracking system.

Ensure completion of paperwork, sign-in and security procedures. Handles special administrative projects, as well as overflow work from other assistants.

Edit copy to ensure proper grammar, spelling, syntax and style. Requires an eye for detail, an ability to use standard proofreading marks, and excellent knowledge of grammar and style.

TRAINING : This Job offers a 2 weeks paid training of $15/hr for 3 hours a day between 9 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.

The regular work hour after training is 9 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday and the pay is $22/hr

BENEFITS

Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
401(k)
Life Insurance
Paid Vacation
Bereavement Leave

QUESTIONNAIRE

Tell me about yourself.
Why should I hire you?
What is your long-range objective?
How has your education prepared you for your career?
Are you a team player?
What is your greatest weakness?
If I were to ask your professors (or your boss) to describe you, what would they say?
What qualities do you feel a successful manager should have?
If you had to live your life over again, what one thing would you change?

Best Regards,
Ivan Spencer

Should i be worried that they have my address?
I just need a job :'(

Old 09-23-2015, 04:43 PM

I suggest if you are answering blind ads on craigslist that you first email the ad and ask them to identify their company, website and company email to verify their legitimacy prior to submitting your resume. Just tell them that there are far too many scam ads posted on craigslist only phishing for people's personal info. If they don't respond, then don't apply. Better to be safe than really sorry. If they do respond make sure you have enough information to verify their legitimacy and once you do, then and only then, submit your resume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search