U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 04:34 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,370,722 times

Advertisements

Do you ever just browse different company websites to see their job postings or do you only go to indeed, linkedin, other job boards. Going to company websites is ok but it's overwhelming because there are so many companies you dont know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 04:37 PM

298 posts, read 135,352 times
I do both. I find out the jobs available by doing a search for the job title I want. Once I find an opportunity I then go to the company web site and apply. I feel your pain!

Old 02-18-2016, 10:06 PM

2,347 posts, read 1,450,035 times
I definitely do both. I actually usually start out at the company websites if there are specific companies in which I'm interested. Then I hit one of those other job boards and look up companies who have posted interesting job.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:15 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,111,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
Do you ever just browse different company websites to see their job postings or do you only go to indeed, linkedin, other job boards. Going to company websites is ok but it's overwhelming because there are so many companies you dont know about.
Linkup.com is an aggregator site that pulls directly from employer sites. More importantly, the more you use it you can easily identify companies in your area.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:26 AM

3,463 posts, read 2,717,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
Linkup.com is an aggregator site that pulls directly from employer sites. More importantly, the more you use it you can easily identify companies in your area.
^This. Just like indeed.com goes out and searches for jobs that are posted on most job sites, linkup.com goes to actual company websites and searches for their internal postings.

Both options are very good one-stop-shopping sites and saves you boat-loads of time and energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or