U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 09:48 AM

5,339 posts, read 5,299,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
***** about it on glassdoor

But one company I went on nine interview over three days and they even took me to lunch and no call back other than I am still being considered.

That was firm policy never to give a rejection letter as it is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. My last interview was in 1993 with them so I guess I am still being considered.
LOL

Reminds me of that scene in Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd asks the love of his life what his chances are with her and she says one in a million and his face goes from anxious anticipation to a big goofy happy grin and he replies “So you’re tellin’ me there’s a chance!”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 09:58 AM

16,720 posts, read 14,688,308 times
Am I an entitled brat for believing that I am owed a rejection email after 3 interviews?

Yes.

I never wait for any kind of acknowledgement, I just keep looking.

As job seekers, we aren't owed anything other than our paycheck once we start. I'm not going to hinge my life on a decision by a company that is interviewing lots of candidates for the right person for THEM. If I am that person, great, they'll let me know in due time. If I'm not, well, I got some experience out of the interview and I've not wasted any time; meanwhile, I'm still pursuing other jobs.

I will never understand the thinking of people who get upset that they haven't heard anything. Just keep looking.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:02 AM

16,720 posts, read 14,688,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
***** about it on glassdoor

Don't take this advice, unless you want other employers to see it and then not bother bringing you in for an interview at all.

Nobody likes a miserable wretch.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:09 AM

5,910 posts, read 6,711,111 times
Is it unprofessional? Yes.

But it is the way many companies operate thee days. I am sure they have their reasons.

So, you move along. But trust me, karma is a beetch. What goes around, comes around. There will be a time when THAT company comes up on your radar screen. The want your firm as a client, they want to sell you something, they need financial help and wish to merge, they need temporary assistance and need your expertise. Something.

And you will recall that they treated you poorly, and act accordingly. Most times they don't even know what hit them.....but you get tremendous satisfaction by exacting sweet revenge.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:15 AM

12,304 posts, read 10,758,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
2 phone interviews, 1 4-hr in person interview. They said they'd get back to me in a few days. It's been a few weeks.

Let me guess ... I'm entitled and "No one owes you a rejection email"

But companies are entitled to 4 hours of my time (excluding the commute time)??

That's how the world works. Rejection letters are not sent very often. Companies are busy with their actual employees.

How exactly are companies entitled to 4 hours of your time? You VOLUNTARILY interviewed with them. You really do sound like a brat....if this is how you speak during an interview, I can see why you're having a hard time finding a job.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:23 AM

6,461 posts, read 6,477,746 times
It's irrational to be bothered by both getting rejection letters too early and also bothered when you don't hear from them.

Just move on and keep looking. Good luck to you!

Old 02-24-2016, 10:27 AM
mcq

336 posts, read 544,929 times
It is unprofessional and rude, but not owed to you. Common courtesy is not owed. It is a reflection upon the discourteous one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Don't take this advice, unless you want other employers to see it and then not bother bringing you in for an interview at all.

Nobody likes a miserable wretch.
I somewhat disagree. Glassdoor reviews are anonymous. As long as you don't give away too much info, there is little chance they'll figure out who you are. I would keep it tactful, but let the issues be known. Sometimes companies don't really know what's fully going on with the recruiting end of things, so the feedback may be useful. However, the odds of a review there making much difference may be very small. It's still a centralized place to have a voice, for whatever that's worth.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:39 AM

151 posts, read 119,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle21689 View Post
I work in HR and I think it is incredibly rude after interviewing to not hear back from them especially since you've called. That's happened to me before and it is extremely unprofessional. But by now I think I wouldn't dwell and move on to the next best opportunity.
I agree. I would consider it their loss and be thankful I'm not working for such a company.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:45 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,855,579 times
I just keep applying for other jobs and move on. Which, by the way I finally landed a TA position helping children with autism. The pay isn't spectacular but it's a start. I didn't get this because I stopped applying. I got it because I kept going.

Don't take the silence personally and keep moving. That's all you can do.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:56 AM

1,579 posts, read 1,545,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
2 phone interviews, 1 4-hr in person interview. They said they'd get back to me in a few days. It's been a few weeks.

Let me guess ... I'm entitled and "No one owes you a rejection email"

But companies are entitled to 4 hours of my time (excluding the commute time)??
I don't think you're entitled, you just have an expectation of professionalism. Sadly, in this day and age of job hunting, the ones doing the hiring, mostly, just don't give a damn about being professional towards the ones they didn't select. They figured that after X amount of time, you'd get the clue.

Sorry this didn't work out, believe me, I've been there. Just always keep looking forward to the next opportunity until you actually get that job offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or