U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2016, 01:12 PM
JL
 
7,355 posts, read 11,892,592 times
Reputation: 7198

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
People lie all the time especially in interviews and on paper from my experience as a hiring manager. Fact checking and calling prior job for reference check is the way to go for hiring managers, that's when the real truth comes out.
They can always list their friends who work in the same profession as 'managers' and friend owned businesses as places of employment. I know years ago when i was unemployed and had a gap in resume, i had to use my friend's real estate business as place of employment to fill it in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2016, 02:05 PM
 
96 posts, read 65,238 times
Reputation: 306
To those who think degrees will not or cannot be verified: https://secure.studentclearinghouse.org/vs/Index


This service has been around for at least 10 years.

A credit card and a bit of personal information about the person is all that's needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2016, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Planet Telex
4,672 posts, read 2,298,541 times
Reputation: 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
People lie all the time especially in interviews and on paper from my experience as a hiring manager.
What goes around, comes around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2016, 05:58 PM
 
Location: FAIRFAX, VA
600 posts, read 495,467 times
Reputation: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
They can always list their friends who work in the same profession as 'managers' and friend owned businesses as places of employment. I know years ago when i was unemployed and had a gap in resume, i had to use my friend's real estate business as place of employment to fill it in.
Yes this is true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2016, 07:27 AM
 
56 posts, read 34,197 times
Reputation: 84
be aware than most HR depts are not allowed to say if you where fired or quit due to policy, what you where fired for or anything like that, they are only allowed to verify that you did indeed work there. They are limited by most companies to say much more than the basics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2016, 02:48 PM
 
11,150 posts, read 8,559,848 times
Reputation: 28147
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNewheart View Post
be aware than most HR depts are not allowed to say if you where fired or quit due to policy, what you where fired for or anything like that, they are only allowed to verify that you did indeed work there. They are limited by most companies to say much more than the basics.
Only if they have this policy. Many companies don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top