U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 12:02 PM

639 posts, read 292,197 times

Advertisements

Hi,

This is my professional background: BS Chemical Engineer (4 years) with real experience in a spanish multinational company of EPC projects in power generation and oil & gas and internship in wastewater. In total barely reach 1 year and 8 months of experience. My girlfriend, currently my wife, encouraged me to go overseas to Mexico for looking for a job, the place where I am living right now. I have 1 year and 1 month jobless and I tried hard to land a job, I have some interviews but being unsuccessful I opened my mind and now I am willing to go anywhere to gain as much experience as I can.

After a hard search, I always wake up at 6.30 a.m. and I take it as I was working under a strict timetable, I am thinking about giving up United States as I find that country really hard to land a job. I am trying hard in Mexico, South America and UK but now I am thinking about giving up online job applications since my chances to land a job by this way dropes to zero. I also had a bad experience with online job applications, I tried applying for an internship and I was rejected because "I do not have enough experience", that made my blood boil.

Currently I am having good feedback in Mexico and perhaps I will land a job soon but everything may fail, I am still waiting for news. I had 4 interviews, and I was trying to focus my job search through networking with spanish multinational companies with relevant presence in Mexico, I have my resume in 4 of those companies.

I am really tired of online job applications, I feel they are useless, there are huge competence and itīs fairly impersonal, I enjoy my job search by getting in touch with hiring managers but itīs not easy at all to find people ready to help you. I am trying this way through LinkedIn, with a premium account buying in addition inmails to contact hiring managers; I got my last interview doing by this way.

I am really a hard worker but I need advice and good ideas to put them in practice. I want to get experience in my field, It cost me a lot to have a degree in Chemical Engineer, itīs not easy at all, and I do not want to waste all this effort and time invested. I just want to make justice all this time and effort so I want a job in my field I donīt mind if itīs in USA or in Congo, at least I want to enjoy again my career. Please, take it seriously, donīt blame me and say the only thing I can do is suicide as I have read somwhere else.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or