U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 01:51 AM

1 posts, read 634 times

Advertisements

I applied for room attendant in a hotel (Four Season Beverly Hills) I had four interviews, and then they asked me a permission for them to do a check background. I sign. The next day I got a call and he told me that he did not find my name. I gave my full name, my date of birth and my SS# and neither found me. He asked that who lives with me, I said I live with my mom and he told me "tell her name, and looked up the name of my mother in the system and he found her. And he asked me if my social security is legal. And he told me that he will keep looking and I have to wait for the call from the hotel and I have fear that they think I'm illegal by the fact that my name does not appear when they seek my name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 02:04 AM

2,839 posts, read 4,987,260 times
That is really weird. I'd ask for a copy of whatever they receive and ask who they do background checks with.

I had a background check come back with a mistake once, the guy said my husband was arrested in 1977 for such and such. When I told the guy that was impossible he jumped on it and was like "maybe your husband hid it from you" and I was like "my husband was TWO years old in 1977... you have the wrong guy..." lol.

And yes, he didn't check the date of birth.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:11 AM

Location: I'm out searching for me... If you see me, let me know... ;--)
3,337 posts, read 1,832,162 times
I had an apartment manager tell me I had no record. She said she could not see why not. Turns out I have written a number wrong and it didn't come back as a mistake just gave no record.

Make sure all your information is correct and have them run it again. Have you had other background checks? If so, it's a mistake in the information he is putting in.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:24 AM

5,021 posts, read 3,209,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminiss View Post
I applied for room attendant in a hotel (Four Season Beverly Hills) I had four interviews, and then they asked me a permission for them to do a check background. I sign. The next day I got a call and he told me that he did not find my name. I gave my full name, my date of birth and my SS# and neither found me. He asked that who lives with me, I said I live with my mom and he told me "tell her name, and looked up the name of my mother in the system and he found her. And he asked me if my social security is legal. And he told me that he will keep looking and I have to wait for the call from the hotel and I have fear that they think I'm illegal by the fact that my name does not appear when they seek my name.
Had one place declare I was a zombie. My Father died in 1964..I was 4 then........Yeah, I don't care to put "Jr" as a suffix for my name....It got straightened out, but gave my boss a good chuckle.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:26 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,196,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminiss View Post
Newly created account, no other posts either. It makes me wonder if they couldn't find you, because you are retired now?

Old 02-29-2016, 03:39 PM

9,249 posts, read 11,806,344 times
Sounds like E-Verify. This can happen if the person was never employed and never had their SSAN used for schooling. It's also every common with Dreamers who never knew they were illegal and their SSAN was a fake. It even happens to twins who had the SSAN number mixed up from the get go and since they never use it until their first employment, the system always had it wrong.

The fact that they said they will keep looking indicated they have had this happen before (many employers have had "no record" returns on legal residents and even natural born american citizens), so hopefully they escalated it to the next verification level that usually catches these mistakes/goofs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or