U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 10:14 AM

3 posts, read 5,882 times

Advertisements

I had an interview today for an admin assistant, it was only 15 mins long... they asked me a lot of questions and I asked them one also but it wasn't very long! I am currently on mat leave and I told them I wasn't returning to my original job as I was covering mat leave myself, - they didn't ask when I'd be available but I'm guessing its because I don't have a job that or I did terribly!

Some of the questions he said "that's a good way to put it" or "i like those answers" he asked if I had other interviews which I do, I have one for the council on Friday which I told him and he asked if it was a similar role and I said yes.

He said he had more interviews to do and will be in touch, I actually want this job which is why I am posting but I am concerned I didn't do too well because of the length :/ anyone had a short interview and got the job? he didn't mention a second interview either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 01:45 PM

3,412 posts, read 3,543,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagrace16 View Post
I had an interview today for an admin assistant, it was only 15 mins long... they asked me a lot of questions and I asked them one also but it wasn't very long! I am currently on mat leave and I told them I wasn't returning to my original job as I was covering mat leave myself, - they didn't ask when I'd be available but I'm guessing its because I don't have a job that or I did terribly!

Some of the questions he said "that's a good way to put it" or "i like those answers" he asked if I had other interviews which I do, I have one for the council on Friday which I told him and he asked if it was a similar role and I said yes.

He said he had more interviews to do and will be in touch, I actually want this job which is why I am posting but I am concerned I didn't do too well because of the length :/ anyone had a short interview and got the job? he didn't mention a second interview either!
Nothing to worry about. If they want you, they will be in touch. Don't stop applying for other jobs.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:53 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,151,402 times
I interviewed 15 minutes for my current job and walked out without giving them my official transcripts. I felt like quite the ass when I had gotten back out to the car and had to turn around and go back in.

Youll be fine.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:30 AM

211 posts, read 299,112 times
My last interview for an admin position lasted a total of 10 minutes with the Managing Director. I also thought I bombed the interview by saying the wrong thing. I must have done something right because the next day they offered me the position.

You never know what goes on in the interviewer's mind you could be just fine. Good Luck!

Old 03-01-2016, 10:58 AM

5,026 posts, read 3,211,192 times
Quote:

Don't "Volunteer" information UNLESS it makes you look competent, professional or intelligent...

Old 03-03-2016, 08:29 AM

23,572 posts, read 17,544,804 times
If it's an admin assistant job, they probably gauged whether they wanted you or not relatively quickly, or at least formed enough of an opinion to compare you against other candidates.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:02 PM

1,076 posts, read 645,454 times
Keep applying for other jobs. Also, I.m not so sure I would accept an offer from them if they do call you. Sounds like they did a "sniff test". I have been on 2 hour interviews and not got the job... even after they say how awesome I am and ask how soon I could start. Such b.s.!
I don.t even get excited till after my first check arrives!

Old 03-14-2016, 02:07 PM

I actually got offered the job

Old 03-14-2016, 02:08 PM

I didn't take it in the end as they weren't clear on the hours when I applied and then told me I'd be working 7 on and 4 off but with a baby going into a nursery it wouldn't work as the hours were all jumbled

Old 03-14-2016, 03:23 PM

4,650 posts, read 2,289,319 times
Quote:
I didn't take it in the end as they weren't clear on the hours when I applied and then told me I'd be working 7 on and 4 off but with a baby going into a nursery it wouldn't work as the hours were all jumbled
Ah, I understand. I hate it when companies aren't upfront in their postings; it would save the applicant's time as well as theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or