Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 08:47 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times

Advertisements

Yes, I know this could be good or it could mean nothing, but I'm curious on your opinion in this situation.

Applied 6 weeks ago, phone interview 3 weeks ago, and in person interview 2 weeks ago. After the in person interview they said they would make up their mind over the next day or two. Then HR would have to do all sorts of prepping before I'd know if I got the job or not. And told me to hang tight if I don't here from them for a couple of weeks. So that was 2 weeks ago yesterday.

Today I got an email from the company asking for a copy of my transcripts and drivers license. They said this is required of all candidates who interview and they need the info asap. To me this seems like a good sign. If they made up their minds already as they said they would, why ask for this if I'm not in contention?

I think I'm either in or a final contender.

What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 08:52 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Yes, it's a good sign, but doesn't mean you will get it. There may be several others who were also asked for the same, and the decision could be made based upon the best of those that return the required documents quickly.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:56 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
They are completing your file so HR doesn't look like they failed to dot all the "i's" and crossed at the "t's".

Probably you are still in the running.

Sit tight for a few more weeks.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:38 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Does your driver's license have anything to do with the job functions?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Does your driver's license have anything to do with the job functions?
Nope.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:14 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
Getting drivers license could be to run a background check, prove residency, have a picture ID, etc.

They would only be asking if you are the top candidate or close enough in the ranking to want you on deck if the 1 or 2 declines/fails the background check/etc.

Good luck.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:28 PM

137 posts, read 199,522 times
You're in the final stage. I hope this goes well for you. If the transcript & ID request are for a background check you're in really good shape, as companies don't spend money on background checks unless they're interested in hiring you.

If it's to compile the final group, you are in the running and the next stage is to make a decision. It sounds like you already sent the info but I would've taken the opportunity to make myself stand out even more with a well written "Thank you for contacting me for additional information. I've attached my transcripts and driver's license per your request. I look forward to hearing from you with a favorable response and appreciate your consideration for the XXX position. Please let me know if you need anything else."

Hope this helps & good luck.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaj7 View Post
You're in the final stage. I hope this goes well for you. If the transcript & ID request are for a background check you're in really good shape, as companies don't spend money on background checks unless they're interested in hiring you.

If it's to compile the final group, you are in the running and the next stage is to make a decision. It sounds like you already sent the info but I would've taken the opportunity to make myself stand out even more with a well written "Thank you for contacting me for additional information. I've attached my transcripts and driver's license per your request. I look forward to hearing from you with a favorable response and appreciate your consideration for the XXX position. Please let me know if you need anything else."

Hope this helps & good luck.
Thanks and yeah I did include a nice thought out note. Hopefully I hear soon one way or the other.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:29 PM

137 posts, read 199,522 times
Keep us posted. I'll subscribe for updates.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaj7 View Post
Keep us posted. I'll subscribe for updates.
Will do. I suspect I will hear something one way or another this week. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search