Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 08:45 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

Advertisements

this

I bought fake job references on the Internet

Quote:
For a small fee, CareerExcuse.com promises to not only craft an elaborate lie based on your exact job specifications but to see it through for as long as necessary. The site will provide a live HR operator and staged supervisor, along with building and hosting a virtual company website—complete with a local phone number and toll-free fax. CareerExcuse will even go so far as to make the fake business show up on Google Maps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 08:47 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
It's silly to lie in order to get a volunteer position. If this one place won't accept the OP, then they can go volunteer somewhere else.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:07 AM

7 posts, read 12,507 times
Thank-you for your response. Yes you make a very relevant point.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:17 AM

7 posts, read 12,507 times
Thank-you for response also. I've already googled that company. Amazing never knew companies like that existed till , I reached panic attack mode, when I read I was expected to bring references.
I'll try to be charming on Monday, see how far that gets me.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 887 times
I'm in the same sad situation. Being such an introvert and loner, it's not easy for me to get current job references. I changed jobs, 3 months ago, and this did not work out. The new supervisor claimed I was not productive enough. I have an interview next week, for a job via an employment agency. I thought fine, but next thing is they e-mailed me to bring 3 work references. (Since when did employment agencies start with this!)

Then the few people I can think of may not be appropriate. One I've used in the past was from another employment agency, then she called me today, my "assignment" of the last few weeks has ended and she doesn't know why. Then, a couple of other people one is a secretary from my old family business, and the other a vendor. My business has been gone since 2013. Then of course being the company owner, I never had an actual boss there or the type of person employers seem to look for as references. Some people I've used in the past are deceased. The few jobs I worked later, my bosses did not seem all that friendly, I feel I really didn't know them, so they probably wouldn't provide me with a good reference.

I really don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to go to that interview and "wing it." I'll tell them that some people I would have used are deceased and provide a few alternative references, a business vendor, my family business' secretary, and a friend. It is just so difficult making friends especially in the type of jobs, I've had in the past few years. The employers had high turnovers of people.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:44 AM

251 posts, read 204,044 times
How about this. Find someone with a real S-corp that was established for longer than the length of time you've been unemployed. Offer to pay them to lie.

This is what I do for interns I can't afford to pay for my S-corp. I give them good references and I pad the dates so it doesn't look like they've been unemployed since graduation. I also tell them I paid them a salary when I did not.

The Evil people lie to get to the top, it is not a problem to lie to survive and be able to pay your bills. Dignity does not matter when the bill collectors are calling and your stomach is growling. Lie and survive. No one is going to care if you die, so why care if you lie to survive?

Old 03-04-2018, 09:56 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoad30 View Post
Have major social phobia anxiety
I have years of retail experience ( before my life went crazy stupid...

Do I buy fake references?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymoran View Post
I'm in the same sad situation.
I really don't know what to do.
You buy competence (by training or education) or gain it by experience.
It's usually a mixture of all three.

IF (big if) you can actually do something that's actually needed...
then someone somewhere will pay you to do it.

Explore the "back office" opportunities: https://tinyurl.com/y797r2gj

How much they'll pay and where they are becomes the next 3 threads you can start.
But get the actual competence first.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:39 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sales people have been using fake references/testimonials forever. On those commercials for junk they pay people like $70 off the street to say how great their product is.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:06 AM

40 posts, read 41,137 times
What companies even do reference checks anymore? I've worked for 2 fortune 500 companies in the past 3 years and none have ever asked for references.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:14 AM

1,104 posts, read 919,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoad30 View Post
I have no job references, not worked in years. Have major social phobia anxiety, and depression, no friends. I know, weirdo!
You're not a weirdo, don't worry. But what about your previous jobs? Why can't you use them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search