Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:05 AM

853 posts, read 641,729 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks,

What the hell is going on in my life? I have very few opportunities and when I finally get a first interview through Skype for Ireland tomorrow, another company in Mexico ask me for an interview the same day, an hour later. This happened to me yesterday and I don´t know what to do because I have already scheduled the interview with Ireland one week ago. Yesterday, a well known and big company based in Mexico City asked me for my CV at 6.00 a.m. and told me that the HR Manager will interview me but without a date. Then, when I submitted my CV to the HR Manager, he replied me if I can go there on thursday and I was requested to submit a CV again in the company format. I explained him kindly that I have another commitment and if they could give me another day, if not I would try to cancel the other commitment but then, no reply. He also told me that he will give me details about where the interview will take place but I don´t know anything because I am still waiting his reply.

Should I call him today as soon as possible to see what happened?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 08:38 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,046,335 times
Yes, contact him via phone to confirm your availability for another time as you have a schedule conflict that is firm. If they really are interested in you, they will be flexible with you. Good luck.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Yes, contact him via phone to confirm your availability for another time as you have a schedule conflict that is firm. If they really are interested in you, they will be flexible with you. Good luck.
Before calling him, what if they are not flexible? I got it by Linkedin networking. I don´t want to cancel my interview for Ireland if I don´t have any guarantee with this company. Let me to know that they didn´t even tell me if I will be interviewed for a position, I don´t know nothing.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:37 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,408,560 times
If they aren't flexible to reschedule an interview then it's probably not a place I'd want to work. This is a bad indicator often times.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:45 AM

Thank you, is exactly what I wanted to know. Well, I am really nervous, I will call him. I will tell you as soon as I have an answer. Wish me good luck.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge ChemE View Post
Thank you, is exactly what I wanted to know. Well, I am really nervous, I will call him. I will tell you as soon as I have an answer. Wish me good luck.
If they really are interested in you and are a decent company they will have some flexibility. If they budge none, then screw them.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:33 AM

I called him, no reply. I am starting getting angry and I am loosing my patience right now. I will be better looking for new opportunities. What a f***ing waste of time.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge ChemE View Post
I called him, no reply. I am starting getting angry and I am loosing my patience right now. I will be better looking for new opportunities. What a f***ing waste of time.
Just take a deep breath and relax. People have busy schedules. If they really are interested in you, they will get back to you and work with you.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:18 PM

I will do a follow up but I don´t know if it worths burning my energy and patience or I will be better taking it easy and keep on with my job hunting. It´s still a mistery for me, though, why employers appear and disappear leaving me hopeless.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:53 PM

I have received an email from the HR Manager. He apologized and then gave me another date for an interview through Hangouts because the interview would be in Mexico City and I am living in another city. If I pass the interview with HR I require to go directly to a further speaking with the Director. I feel good right now, I have an interview tomorrow for Ireland (I got It by submitting my CV) and another interview on Monday for Mexico (got it by networking).

I don´t know if I will succeed but surely I will remember this time forever. I am anxious to end this nightmare.

PS. Somebody knows how to use Hangouts? (epic fail)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search