Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 03:12 PM

26,147 posts, read 21,368,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Japan went negative in very late January.

One of the threads you guys keep referencing is this one here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/inves...l#post42982878
Great Japan went negative in January and your specific call was in February that we wouldn't see Dow 18k without the fed going negative. Well thanks for clearly stating you were wrong and your specific retort of the other central banks wasn't actually relevant because your call came after that

Quote:
The specific BET was the following:

Low E, tell me, has the FED continued to RAISE RATES? Yes....or NO?

Your specific statement was that we wouldn't see dow 18k without the fed going negative and you made that call in February. Well the fed didn't go negative and we saw Dow 18k, you were wrong and your circular logic is dishonest maneuvering. With your advanced college education you are more than intelligent to understand the absurdness of your continued bs avoiding you were wrong no two ways about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 04:12 PM

5,885 posts, read 3,859,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Considering the current national unemployment rate is 5%, The job market is not even close to being as bad as you claim.
I can't believe people are dumb enough to fall for this.

Last edited by sandsthetime; 05-03-2016 at 04:49 PM..

Old 05-03-2016, 05:07 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,791,620 times
Idk about that but I do know that I am screwed. A lot of people are getting jobs over me. I don't know any person that is my biological age and hasn't had a job since high school. Usually if people have been job searching for a long time it's because they're too greedy. I just want a min wage job, ha shoot you could pay me a few dollars less..just something steady will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkliny View Post
No one would interview unless the candidate appeared qualified on paper. No employer wants to waste their time interviewing unsuitable candidates. Two hundred potential employers have wasted their time with you.

Apparently not. One interview of mine they asked me "you have two jobs. is this going to affect working here" If they really looked into my resume they would know it's not really jobs but merely online paid activities that I could leave anytime I wanted to.
Another interviewer suggested volunteering after he called to reject me.

Why even bother anymore? They waste their time I waste theirs. Tell me you hate me and get it over with. I know I've only had about 6 interviews in the course of the year but I don't understand the point anymore. I don't know why I thought that getting more interviews would make it more probable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deposite View Post
No one is saying the job market's perfect but you have to look at yourself as a whole and see if there's something you're doing wrong. Are you too shy during interviews? Did you answer questions wrong? Is your resume tailored correctly for each job?

Instead of gripping about things beyond your control, do something about it.

No offense but you sound like you flew off the handle.
I think the OP is just asking for too much money like I said up there that's all. I understand they have all those degrees but when you ask for that much money employers are not gonna want to have to pay you in most cases...only the top dogs get that much money.

Last edited by Nickchick; 05-03-2016 at 05:56 PM..

Old 05-03-2016, 06:29 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,001,096 times
Quote:
s.

i have not even truly been out in the job market yet. I'm still doing the same position i've been doing. i'm on my way out into the job market which is mainly going to include a lot of networking aspects. But i've been researching this market in general as well as speaking with other people....plus i've been on a few interviews (mainly telephone for positions that i declined to move forward with) and i'm seeing the types of things i've listed.
lol

Old 05-03-2016, 07:51 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,816,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
lol
What's funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Your specific statement was that we wouldn't see dow 18k without the fed going negative and you made that call in February.
And I also said:

- The stock market's gains are based on 0%, near 0% or negative rates

- The low rates are driving demand out of fixed income and into the stock market

- Members of the Global NWO (such as the Global Central Bankers) are creating policies and networks to enrich the people within their network (big business, etc.) while they screw over the middle class.

- If the Fed CONTINUES to increase rates, then the DOW would correct itself and go back do 12k - 13k territory, while fixed income would correct itself and people will start to see "returns" again on their savings accounts.

I said ALL of these things, which were true when I posted them earlier this year and last year, and they are still true today. But for some reason, you want to nitpick and LIE about stances I've held, when my stance hasn't changed not one time....nor has the Central Banker influence on the market changed.

You are full of it. You always have been and you always will be Low E. Ever since I came on City Data, admit it, you've had a THING for me because you just can't STAND when someone calls it like it is. That's why you've Googled me and posted my "dating profiles", it's why you've personally attacked me numerous times on here, and it's why you randomly bought up the MathJak PM to try and "make fun of me" for not getting an interview at MathJak's lead (yet, it's in NJ-NYC which I honestly do not want to move to so I haven't even followed up on it).

You have an issue with me because I tell it like it is. I meet people like YOU all day. I love people like you, you know why? You keep me RELEVANT .

You see Low E, the best thing you could do to KILL people like me, is just ignore us. But you can't ignore us......you know why? Because you know damn well that we are telling the TRUTH.

And it eats at your SOULLLLL

Last edited by jotucker99; 05-03-2016 at 08:02 PM..

Old 05-04-2016, 12:57 AM

26,147 posts, read 21,368,471 times
Call it like it is? As is make a wild claim, it turns out to be incorrect and then despite saying in this thread you don't care about being right, ignore reality and pretend you weren't absolutely incorrect in your statement? Sure

Old 05-05-2016, 01:44 AM

1 posts, read 365 times
Fourth Turning (Strauss and Howe)

All is going as predicted. Another ten to fifteen years.

Long painful reset. The painful part is ONLY beginning. Will get worse.

Count on it.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:18 AM

569 posts, read 546,799 times
Quote:
We Are Screwed All The Way Around

Where do I begin? If you are in the Generation Y (or the upcoming Generation Z), you are pretty much screwed.......

- Cost of living is through the roof

- The divide between the HAVES and HAVE NOTS will get worse

Moderator cut: off topic

- We are going to soon be taxed out of the rear to pay $21 trillion in debt

- We are paying into social security but might not EVER see it back

- The status of the US across the world is horrible

- The Global NWO of big business, big government, and big media are destroying everybody else while they grow their own personal power and influence

- This is the worse job market since the Great Depression

Speaking of the job market, let me go into more in-depth information on that.

The Worse Job Market Of Our Time

It just seems like a very real possibility, for someone to go on 200 job interviews and get NO offers. When you really boil it down, the Employers in question have all of the power and they can punk slap you all around during the interview process all they want....with literally stupid questions, stupid procedures and IF you happen to get in, be prepared to deal with STUPID crap on a daily basis.

The reality is that we are dealing with a very difficult time in terms of the job market.

- Technology is taking away jobs.

- Globalization/cheap labor is taking away jobs.

- More people have a bachelor's degree today than ever before, creating more demand for jobs, which causes Employers to have to use robots and Moderator cut: off topic to filter candidates in terms of interviews to get in the door. HOWEVER, once you are actually in the door, said Employer is also mindful of said horrible job market so expect to be served crap and have to love it.

Job Market Inefficiencies

I posted a lot of this in another section, but here's more information:

#1.) Alot Of Them Hire On Personal Preference Of Who They Would Drink A Beer With, NOT Who Can Do The Damn Job

It doesn't appear as though your professional competency to do well and perform well in the position even matters, it seems like other CRAP that has nothing to do with professional competency is what is driving their "hiring decision" such as the Hiring Manager's own personal preferences of who they want to work with and don't want to work with.

- So if the Hiring Manager doesn't like introverted people, and you're introverted, he won't pick you.
- If he doesn't like extroverted people, and you're extroverted, he won't pick you.
- If he doesn't like black people that much, and you're black, he won't pick you.
- If he doesn't like white people that much, and you're white, he won't pick you.
- If he doesn't like fat people that much, and you're fat, he won't pick you.
- If he doesn't like people over 40, and you're 45, he won't pick you.
- If he doesn't like butt-kissers and you seem like you kiss butt, he won't pick you.
- If he likes butt-kissers and you seem like you don't kiss butt, he won't pick you.
- If he likes people he can bully and boss over, and you seem like the type he can't bully and boss around, he won't pick you.

It's this concept of the Hiring Manager wanting to sit down and have a "beer" with you. But the kicker is that who he wants to have a beer with comes down to his sole personal preference, and has nothing to do with professional competency. So if he only wants to drink beer with extroverts and you're not that, he won't pick you.

Like I said, I haven't been on many interviews but I'm noticing this trend and I honestly DO NOT like it! It's a waste of someone's time! I'm a business man, a professional, and I'm expecting that just like my clients over the previous 10 years picked me based on having the best "product" in terms of value/quality, I was expecting Hiring Managers to do the same thing!

#2.) They Post Public Jobs, But Don't Hire Anybody From The Pile Of People Driving 3 - 4 Hours Out To See Them

On top of this situation, you also have the inefficiency of the JOB BOARDS. What do I mean?

- A job is posted on a job board

- 200 people respond to it

- Some robot created by some kid in his mother's basement screens the applicants based on keywords to filter the list from 200 to let's say 65

- Then some Moderator cut: off topic who knows absolutely no technical information on the position and can barely even spell the name of the Employer......goes through the list of 65 and decides who to call based on how "pretty" their resume looks.

- Then she calls you, asks a bunch of CANNED HR Elementary questions, then when you ask her technical information on the position to get even a feel for what the HELL it is....she says you have to drive out 3 or 4 hours to speak with the "Manager" and he will answer all of your questions.

- You drive 3 or 4 hours to speak with the "Manager", and you discover that this idiot has about 5 other people waiting in line to speak with him and over the course of this week alone, he's probably interviewed about 20 people. You sit down, thinking you are about to have a business conversation about needs/solutions, markets, and quotas, but instead this idiot goes into more CANNED HR Elementary questions and he can't answer a damn thing about the technical aspects of the job either.....you feel like you are in La La Land!

We Are Screwed

Besides opening a business (which I could create 5 more threads on the issues relating to that), does anybody have any ideas of how to navigate this horrible market my Generation (Millennials) were born into ??

Be a farmer?

I wanted to be a farmer, too.

Australia might take you in.

In the last 15 years, the job market did not expand with the population growth. The authorities seemed having no plans at all, but they just enjoyed their life as usual.

My suggestion would be helping yourselves. In fact, I was expecting a civil order collap.

Old 05-06-2016, 03:00 AM

193 posts, read 181,743 times
It's funny everyone says there are no good jobs. The place I work I don't think there is a person under 45k that works in the plant. That's the bare minimum with only occasional forced overtime. We have good benefits not great. Yet we haven't been fully staffed since I've worked here. This is a very low cost area to live so the pay is good for here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search