Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 10:57 AM

13,273 posts, read 8,395,437 times

Advertisements

Recently took an assessment test.

Some questions were behavioral and required the "What would you do", leaving the applicant to answer professionally and within the parameters of the scenario.

Here is my quandry:

Any time a question had the following in its sentence : "ALWAYS", "NEVER" , and "ALL THE TIME", My mindset went into 'Lets be realistic here!". There will be times where good judgement requires exceptions in order to meet the client at the level that best suits the scenario. Saying that "I ALWAYS", OR "NEVER" concede to a rather vague request is counter productive to the goal.

The questions are not concrete. How am I to know what THIS particular companies POLICY is in order to know whether its OK or NOT to accommodate certain request. Its a double edge sword.

There will be times where management may need to intercede, its why they are there! To support the staff. Instead most sites say: They ask this question so that they can entrust that you will NOT escalate the matter and carry the CAN do! The problem with that is: It could very well be that those in power need to override and make the decision.

Its the derned if you do, and derned if you don't.

My strengths are in admin and customer service. Which requires balancing the companies rules and retaining current clients along with establishing new accounts for business to flourish.

These "test" rarely gives realistic parameters to shine on such skills.

Does anyone have concrete tips on how to approach these questions so that an honest answer can prevail.? I find it most frustrating that the tests rely on unrealistic examples since No one is "always", or "never" when it comes to circumstances. Yes we have integrity and systems that are consistent. That falls into the Most times or Often times. Sorry for the ranting, I really am looking for ways to improve on these test. Obviously being forthright is not a trait they are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search