U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 06:16 PM

70 posts, read 43,105 times

Advertisements

I'm kinda feeling like its not worth it,

They disrespected my time for the 2nd interview

It's an entry level IT govt job that has multiple positions you could move up too

I was hoping this is why the position keeps opening up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 07:01 PM

6,328 posts, read 3,402,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangeliz View Post

It's an entry level IT govt job that has multiple positions you could move up too

How badly do you want this job? Sounds like they are playing some sort of game with that second interview stunt.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:42 PM

1,193 posts, read 715,399 times
Quote:
Would you apply for the same job for 3rd time?

1st time I applied, the interview went well but another person was hired.

2nd time, I was actually invited by the hiring manager to come back and interview for the position again.

The second time has left a sour taste in my mouth. I made time in my busy schedule for this interview, drove all the way to the location, and paid for expensive downtown parking. The interview went well again and I was told they would be making a decision in the next two weeks. I sent my thank you note right after the interview. Two weeks passed by and there was no response so I called the interview and left him a voice mail. After this, a week passed and no reply. Next, I left a follow up email and left it at that.

Nearly 2.5 months after the interview, the interviewer finally gave me a call to apologize for leaving me hanging and that he had filled the position.

The position is now open again. It's a great position but I feel like it might be stupid to apply for this again seeing how he left me hanging waiting for a response when he asked me to come interview again. Note: This is a government job, so I know the process can be longer but I feel like this was very rude.

Any thoughts?

I would move on and focus on other positions especially since you been interviewed twice.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:34 AM

1,091 posts, read 627,481 times
In the case of OP, because of the unique circumstances, I would need some very good answers as to why they should be taken seriously anymore. They don't sound like they are having much luck managing this position and it reflects poorly on them as a Company.

If you still want to deal with them, I'd really recommend getting some hard answers as to why a) They never got back to you, b) Why are people always leaving this job, c) Have they made any improvements to ensure that it won't happen to you, and so on. These need to be real answers, ie. recent takeover, new MD, sudden loss of a team, something in HR etc. not "we've uhhh recently reviewed uumm our company morals" kind of answers. Put them under some pressure and get them to prove they are serious about the job instead of letting them mess you around.

I have done something similar with another company. They were all "we're all about honesty and light and goodness" in the interviews. Surprise surprise, they went and gone back on their word almost instantly, but still want me to consider them. Why should I? I've asked them very nicely and professionally why they did this. No answer. Put the Company under your own tests, don't let them waste your time.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:32 AM

13,343 posts, read 17,392,796 times
Quote:

It could be crappy management and people leave.
It could be a crappy job and people leave.
It could be that it's entry level and people get promoted and leave.
It could be a growing department.
It could be all of the above.

I'd apply again if I were unemployed and in desperate need of a job and/or work experience and have nothing to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or