U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 11:54 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,199,874 times

Advertisements

If you saw a recruiting agency post an ad for the same job but under MULTIPLE different titles, would you be suspicious of that agency?

For example, say the agency tells you they're submitting you for a "Customer Service Rep" position at XYZ company, and you see that posting online. But then, you see they've also posted the same exact position as "Customer Service Associate", "Customer Relations Associate", "Customer Compliance Associate", "Customer Excellence Rep" and even "Customer Service Assistant Manager".

Would this raise red flags for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 12:01 PM

8,804 posts, read 13,297,378 times
Agencies are well known to post fake jobs to lure people into their offices to sign up and of course give them their managers' references. They just want to build their database and pump job-seekers for leads of managers and who is hiring.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,199,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Agencies are well known to post fake jobs to lure people into their offices to sign up and of course give them their managers' references. They just want to build their database and pump job-seekers for leads of managers and who is hiring.
Sadly I think this was their intention in my case. They brought me in immediately and acted excited about me, yet made sure I gave them all my references beforehand and had me provide a contact for each of my previous jobs. I thought it was just procedure.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:23 PM

4,663 posts, read 2,293,677 times
Recruiters join the list of lawyers, politicians, and HR personnel as professions which I have absolutely no respect for.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:16 PM

228 posts, read 292,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
If you saw a recruiting agency post an ad for the same job but under MULTIPLE different titles, would you be suspicious of that agency?

For example, say the agency tells you they're submitting you for a "Customer Service Rep" position at XYZ company, and you see that posting online. But then, you see they've also posted the same exact position as "Customer Service Associate", "Customer Relations Associate", "Customer Compliance Associate", "Customer Excellence Rep" and even "Customer Service Assistant Manager".

Would this raise red flags for you?
This is why the media says that there are many jobs that are not being filled, basically it's many job ads being posted for the same jobs.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:40 AM

1,352 posts, read 966,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Recruiters join the list of lawyers, politicians, and HR personnel as professions which I have absolutely no respect for.
It's been my experience you can also add doctors to that list, it seems everyday I'm reading about a doctor arrested for fraud. At least a lawyer tells you up front he's gonna *********.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:23 AM

352 posts, read 135,995 times
not necessary red flags, maybe one of the two:

- time to collect resumes and save in their database
- they are worried about key words, job filters, ...etc.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:15 PM

68 posts, read 67,144 times
Avoid the recruiters they are salespeople.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or