U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:09 PM

1,960 posts, read 915,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Totally understandable. However, these people are supposed to excel in multi-tasking and managing multiple, conflicting priorities. They should be capable of seeing the small details and being able to do more than one thing at a time.

It was during the final call with her that I detected something amiss

She was so smooth and nice sounding , then when she says Monday or Tuesday . all of a sudden when saying Monday , her voice breaks abit . Perfect up till that . That was a little red flag for me. Pitch perfect all along then I got hmmmmmmm......

That was the rat I talked about

You know she might have heard from her boss that they were maybe recruiting in colleges for this position anymore or ........as i am usually pretty confident in phone interviews, what i would hate to think is she was trying to clip my wings a little bit . Maybe .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 06:30 PM

919 posts, read 1,044,066 times
The way you handle it make it seems like you are prob a very difficult employee to deal with. Mistakes happens and you are suppose to deal with it like an adult.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:24 PM

Not so much in actual fact very professional and fair. The HR director sent me a very nice letter just now. In it she expressed regret for the recruiter breakdown in communication. Very nice letter and she actually said she was happy to get my feedback.

So not all negative . But felt I was doing the right thing . Maybe it will help the recruiter too.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:00 PM

43,601 posts, read 42,195,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Looks like the OP didn't after all. Although in this employer's market, its refreshing to see a candidate who isn't desperate for any job.
It's not refreshing. It's an alarming case of very bad judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The HR director sent me a very nice letter just now. In it she expressed regret for the recruiter breakdown in communication. Very nice letter and she actually said she was happy to get my feedback.

So not all negative . But felt I was doing the right thing . Maybe it will help the recruiter too.
Nope. You are one lucky SOB.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:42 PM

9,083 posts, read 8,487,685 times
Quote:
Not so much in actual fact very professional and fair. The HR director sent me a very nice letter just now. In it she expressed regret for the recruiter breakdown in communication. Very nice letter and she actually said she was happy to get my feedback.

The HR director may have responded, but it doesn't sound as if you got a new interview either. You got an apology to make you go away, you got blacklisted from this company, and the HR dept and hiring manager are glad that they didn't hire you.

I have sent out such apologies in the past. They aren't really sincere, they are simply a brushoff.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:48 PM

2,656 posts, read 1,980,034 times
Here is what I think. Since you already know that some interview are not equal, then you should know better. You didn't have to bring it to the director's attention because if they had planned to play you, it doesn't matter who you talk to, they will have their whole game plan on. This is the negative side.

Here is the positive side. The recruiter might had really forgot you said about unavailable on Thursday. In addition, the hiring manager might simple don't have any other days available because he/she is busy due to short of staff. Bottom line, be positive, don't assume people did you wrong. Negative energy will only attract more negative event toward you.

I wish you the best. Life come and go, don't stress yourself out for something you think other should have done for you. It is our own expectation that really kill us as a decent human being.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:22 PM

"The HR director may have responded, but it doesn't sound as if you got a new interview either".

I contacted the recruiter before the HR director to say I would not be taking myself out of consideration for the job. The recruiter actually said she wanted to go ahead and continue the process. It was in the letter from the HR director she thanked me and wished me luck etc. It would have weird to continue on with the process given all that happened. I would say my chances were zero at that point.

"It is our own expectation that really kill us as a decent human being".

You know it was just in our conversations all the skills were there and the background was in place too. It was less money than what I am used to , so I have to think , just because less pay does not mean to demean it at all . Or, give it to me it is mine type of attitude . I can do this one in my sleep.

Too many expectations built around that feeling outline above. Anymore, no assumptions , just like before, they don't call , move onto next one. No need to get upset about it . Just do my bit anymore . Impossible to dictate terms in the interview process. Back to basics.

Funnily enough, I found the HR director letter very nice and actually reminds me we are all human after all.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:38 AM

15,400 posts, read 17,714,400 times
Quote:

You screwed your chances at getting a job at that company forever. Also at getting a job at ANY company where the HR director eventually works, or that HR person works, if they happen to notice your resume before you are hired. Either one of those HR people can switch jobs and end up working at your dream company. They'll remember you forever.

Dumb move on your part. It shows that you are a problem employee by your actions.

HR did their job and screened out a potential bad hire. You made their job very easy for them.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:36 AM

2,656 posts, read 1,980,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
You screwed your chances at getting a job at that company forever. Also at getting a job at ANY company where the HR director eventually works, or that HR person works, if they happen to notice your resume before you are hired. Either one of those HR people can switch jobs and end up working at your dream company. They'll remember you forever.

Dumb move on your part. It shows that you are a problem employee by your actions.

HR did their job and screened out a potential bad hire. You made their job very easy for them.

OP didn't expect to get a job with this company any more, at least not the way how he/she sound. So, he kind of just show the bad side.

Here is what I would like the OP to understand. A director from HR might be working for this company that you could care or less about, but imagine in the future this director happens to work for another company, and you just so happen to really want that job. Have you consider that? I really think is unnecessary for you to reach out to the Director at HR. Next time, don't do something like this, just for the sake of your own future. Good luck.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:57 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,875,538 times
You were in the wrong OP. There was a more subtle way in going about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or