Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 12:42 PM

674 posts, read 607,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinbaby View Post
Actually a few months after I was graduated I sent an angry email to them regarding how my education was a waste, etc because I was pissed about not having found a job.
Yes, it is always someone else's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2016, 01:23 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,763,629 times
Quote:
It's been two years. I'm not a recent grad so they can't help me. Actually a few months after I was graduated I sent an angry email to them regarding how my education was a waste, etc because I was pissed about not having found a job.
Its not their fault that you didn't try to do something instead of complaining. Everyone has to take responsibility for their actions. I was too laid back in college and screwed myself a bit I am taking responsibility for it and striving to make a difference.

The more you blame others, the harder it is to turn things around.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:23 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,184,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nccoast View Post
Yes, it is always someone else's fault.

There is blame to go around, but only you can fix your situation.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:51 PM

902 posts, read 746,955 times
Quote:
It's been two years. I'm not a recent grad so they can't help me. Actually a few months after I was graduated I sent an angry email to them regarding how my education was a waste, etc because I was pissed about not having found a job.
Wow you are going to be in for a very rough life.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:55 PM

674 posts, read 607,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
Wow you are going to be in for a very rough life.
Not really. The OP is a trust-fund baby.

Old 07-30-2016, 11:32 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,184,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nccoast View Post
Not really. The OP is a trust-fund baby.
Which is part of the problem.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:11 AM

1,454 posts, read 1,942,356 times
i'm done with this thread- i encourage everyone else to be as well.. The OP is just a habitual complainer who is wasting everyone's time.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:48 PM

809 posts, read 1,330,335 times
Massage Therapy school is at for profit schools.

Also, if you graduated from an accredited college (prestigious as you say) there is no time limit on getting help with job placement. You can contact them 30 years after you graduate and career services will still help you. (hopefully whomever you sent the nasty letter to a few years ago is not longer there).

Old 08-05-2016, 10:14 PM

427 posts, read 499,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupmom View Post
Massage Therapy school is at for profit schools.

Also, if you graduated from an accredited college (prestigious as you say) there is no time limit on getting help with job placement. You can contact them 30 years after you graduate and career services will still help you. (hopefully whomever you sent the nasty letter to a few years ago is not longer there).
unfortunately, I was mainly looking for a survival job. i'll take a look at my college job board when i'm not desperate and poor and i know what i want. thanks for the suggestion. btw, cute username!

Old 08-06-2016, 07:19 AM

1,110 posts, read 895,571 times
Not screwed by a long shot, if you are willing to invest some time:

I know back east (where I live), the schools also have adult education programs. I looked up LA, and voila, the school system also has a wealth of vocational programs.

Career Technical Education (CTE) Course Outlines | DACE

Some ideas are: (Click on the categories)

Landscaping (you can start your own business eventually)

Airframe and Powerplant (very good job prospects here)

Forensic Science (CSI, anyone?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search