U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 442 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone:

I recently got a job and Sterling is doing my background check. When I filled out the info on Sterling website, I put "sales manager" as job title in one of my previous working experience but the truth is I got promoted as "sales manager" but I left the company before the promotion went effective. So basically I was a senior sales associates. It was 4 years ago and I had another working after that. During my interview with the my potential employer, I told my hiring manager that I was a senior sales associate and on my resume I also put "senior sales associate"...So will this discrepancy cost my job offer?

Another question is, my reference in my first company left the company earlier than me (most of my colleagues left the company now so he is the only one I still have contact with). Will the background check company contact the HR of the first company? (though I didn't put the phone number of the HR department).

I really wanna get this job so your opinions are highly appreciated!!!
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or