Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 01:13 PM

3 posts, read 1,082 times

Advertisements

I am in my late 50's and looking for a part time position in either customer service or inside sales, but have not been having any luck. Can't seem to get any traction with direct contact to companies or with recruiters. I live in Massachusetts about 5-10 miles from Boston and was wondering if anyone knew of any hiring going on. I have experience in a variety of industries. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 02:54 PM

674 posts, read 608,609 times
What industries were you in, before? Did you try signing up with temp agencies, to get your foot in the door? And what kind of pay are you looking at? Some degree of age discrimination is certainly at work here. From personal experience, I think the only field that values grey hair is healthcare.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:45 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,943,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecan5785 View Post
I am in my late 50's and looking for a part time position in either customer service or inside sales, but have not been having any luck. Can't seem to get any traction with direct contact to companies or with recruiters. I live in Massachusetts about 5-10 miles from Boston and was wondering if anyone knew of any hiring going on. I have experience in a variety of industries. Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.
being so close to Boston is probably a good thing- i'm not in the area but i would expect there's way more jobs in that metro.. Anyway, have you checked indeed.com? That's the normal one i've seen folks use, and it's usually fairly accurate.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:17 PM

115 posts, read 98,667 times
I'd also check your resume to ensure that they include key buzzwords that recruiters and HR is looking for. Some systems are automated and will only pick up certain key words. I get recruiters emailing me all the time; half of which i don't qualify for but hey its a part of the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search