U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 10:22 PM

2,897 posts, read 1,071,323 times

Advertisements

I guess you could rate them on a scale of 1 to 10.

1- These guys should be in jail!
2 - Use them only if you are about to be homeless and even then think twice
3 - They stink man!
4 - They don't make these job agencies like they used to.
5- So so
6 - Not bad
7 - I'd recommend
8 - Quite decent
9 - Great
10 - These guys must be saints!

Here's a list of some specific ones:

Robert Half
Kelly Services
Kimco Services
Manpower Group
Kay & Associates
Genesis10
Randstad Technologies
G-Tech Services
Office Team
AppleOne
TEKSystems
NDDSystems LLC
Williams Lea
KForce
Jobspring Partners (personally, they rubbed me the wrong way)
AMG Technology
KenBrook Staffing Inc.
Creative Circle
Modis
Volt

Old 08-04-2016, 06:22 AM

8,797 posts, read 13,284,781 times
The best ones are a 4 maximum.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:31 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,108,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I guess you could rate them on a scale of 1 to 10.

1- These guys should be in jail!
2 - Use them only if you are about to be homeless and even then think twice
3 - They stink man!
4 - They don't make these job agencies like they used to.
5- So so
6 - Not bad
7 - I'd recommend
8 - Quite decent
9 - Great
10 - These guys must be saints!
Here's a list of some specific ones:

Robert Half - 4. Had limited experience with them.
Kelly Services - 2. Just say no. Incredibly low pay and unorganized.
Manpower Group - 4. Not bad, not good.
Randstad Technologies - 2. I'm giving this one such a low rating because they presented a job to me that fit my skills well, but they told me that the client said specifically that there would be NO room for promotion - ever and they wanted someone who was okay with that. Obviously I'm not okay with that and told the agency my feelings on it. They got ticked and never called me back with anything else.
Office Team - 4. Meh. Most of their stuff is low paying.
TEKSystems - 3. They never call. Most of their jobs are technical and my husband has that type of experience but never gets a response from them.
KForce - 4. This one actually got me a position, but the client wanted me to start the next day in a city that was 2 hours away. The agency wouldn't help me work with them to delay the start date (despite all parties knowing that I had to move).
Volt - 6. I actually had a fairly good experience with this one. Recruiter was friendly and easy to work with. The position that I got didn't work out because we actually didn't get to move to that city, but they were very nice about it.
Adecco - 5. I worked briefly for this one in their office as a recruiter while someone was on maternity leave. It was about average.
Vaco - 6. Again, I had a good experience. They found me a great position that ended up going from temp-to-hire to direct hire because the employer liked me so much. They were easy to work with and actually listened when I gave my list of preferences.

There are a few local ones here that are actually pretty good. Many of their jobs pay well (especially for temp or temp-to-hire), they communicate well and don't get ticked if you turn something down.

I think what people forget is that staffing agencies couldn't give a crap less if the job seeker is happy. They just want to please the employers, so they will lie through their teeth to get people into the positions.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:41 AM

8,797 posts, read 13,284,781 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.[

Why do temp agencies waste their time recruiting the already employed? Almost noone currently employed would quit for their crap temp jobs. I still get contacted by them and I don't answer or return their calls and email and won't even allow them to connect on LinkedIN.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2016 at 01:06 PM..

Old 08-04-2016, 11:45 AM

13,324 posts, read 25,288,295 times
I have a friend that got a job through AeroTek, but I never had any luck with them.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:38 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,108,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Why do temp agencies waste their time recruiting the already employed? Almost noone currently employed would quit for their crap temp jobs. I still get contacted by them and I don't answer or return their calls and email and won't even allow them to connect on LinkedIN.
Personally I think they contact people who are employed over those who aren't for multiple reasons.

1. They are fishing for information. They want to talk to you and find out who you're working for, what you're doing, if the company is hiring and what types of positions are available.

2. The employed candidates present better to their clients. They can talk up what the person is doing and how great they are more than they can with someone who has been out of work for a couple of months.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:36 AM

343 posts, read 357,732 times
In Chicagoland as a senior engiineer on the infrastructure side, I would say that my experience with TekSystems has been good; I'd rate them a solid '8'. They are very big, though, so experience will vary depending on the market and demand for your position / level. Other good ones in the IT space include Workbridge Associates, MMD Services, and Infinity Consulting (these are all smaller and pretty specific to Chicagoland). I know West Monroe Partners and Lasalle Network by reputation are good. Mod cut: Consumer complaints are not permitted.

A good recruiter can be a vital resource - the trick is finding one.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2016 at 01:07 PM..

Old 08-05-2016, 12:57 PM

40,208 posts, read 15,179,596 times
Please note, everyone: City-Data's Terms of Service do not permit you to post customer complaints. If you use a company name, the post should be positive and not a complaint. This thread is now closed because it has already generated some complaints about specific companies. Those posts will be deleted.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or