U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 AM

4,585 posts, read 6,659,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaletto 1697 View Post
WOW. the hostility. Every job seeker is responsible for themselves, just like I was. I sniffed the dude out and decided not to interview. I'm not responsible for other people. So wait, every time I deal with somebody who is a "potential scammer" or unethical employment agency - I should take it on myself to report them? I don't see anybody warning ME about scammers, bad employment agencies, etc.

Buyer beware; it's on each individual to investigate who the other party is. I don't work for the Attorney general, or EEOC. I don't work for the consumer affairs, better business, or whoever.
YOU grow the hell up. I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to here. And you don't know my age so leave age out of it...

But yet you come here asking advice lol

I hope the only jobs you find are scams now, just to torture you for your baditude lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 01:24 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,861,713 times
Quote:
WOW. the hostility. Every job seeker is responsible for themselves, just like I was. I sniffed the dude out and decided not to interview. I'm not responsible for other people. So wait, every time I deal with somebody who is a "potential scammer" or unethical employment agency - I should take it on myself to report them? I don't see anybody warning ME about scammers, bad employment agencies, etc.

Buyer beware; it's on each individual to investigate who the other party is. I don't work for the Attorney general, or EEOC. I don't work for the consumer affairs, better business, or whoever.
YOU grow the hell up. I don't know who the hell you think you're talking to here. And you don't know my age so leave age out of it...
It doesn't take a genius or effort to inform the public about these scams.

Again, act your age.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:42 PM

429 posts, read 296,669 times
moderator, kindly close this thread. Nasty malicious people on here. I'm not reading or responding. The hate was unnecessary. Im OUT>

Old 08-11-2016, 05:32 PM

115 posts, read 68,729 times
Quote:
moderator, kindly close this thread. Nasty malicious people on here. I'm not reading or responding. The hate was unnecessary. Im OUT>
Take a chill pill my man. Just keep your eye out on your credit report to make sure you aren't being scammed.

Now that i got the last word. MODS please delete.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:52 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,861,713 times
Quote:
So asking you to be courteous is being nasty?

Please.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:04 AM

3,764 posts, read 3,507,421 times
Quote:
right so some employed reporters can make $ while I continue looking for a job.. They going to give me a cut of the $? I'm also not interested in being in the news either. Maybe the paper already knows what he's doing it and don't care? He's paying them $ obviously or he wouldn't have an ad in there. The ad appeared back in March. Then it was taken off it seems. I'm job searching. I don't have time or $ to snitch on others or file grievances. I only have a certain amount of free minutes per month on my cell. Not going to waste that. I'm not asking advice on what to do. I'm just relating "this is what happened". This is what's going on out there with job seekers.
I would be careful with newspaper ads and Craigslist as well. Ask them lots of questions up front, and if something seems dodgy, follow your instincts and avoid it. Certainly don't send them a résumé and personal information without knowing who or what they are. You were right to search on Facebook etc.

As for reporting a bogus ad, it comes down to "Do unto others..." Maybe you wasted all that time with this ad because some previous applicant didn't bother reporting it.

It's been my experience that what goes around, comes around. If you're a good person, people sense it and do good things for you. If I'm self centered, people resent it and will not extend themselves for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or