U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 02:33 PM

5,911 posts, read 7,025,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Honestly, you're making a big deal out of nothing. Have to do the same thing for an annual physical at the doctor's office.
I'm pretty sure you doctor isn't going to time you. Also, those tests are for your information only and if the doctor violates that there are big penalties under federal law. Also, the tests you get in a physical probably don't have a 5% to 10% false positive rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 03:30 PM

3,931 posts, read 4,703,745 times
My DH could not do it that fast! The only place he would ever be tested is at the VA for his annual physical. The lab just gives him the container and he has to find an available restroom and then it's turned in whenever he finishes.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:40 PM

12,268 posts, read 12,507,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I have done at least 7-8(maybe 10, I lost count) of them in the past 5 years because I do consulting work and often new clients require a drug test.

One time a took a tad too long in the restroom and the nurse almost broke down the door. You could hear the distress in her voice. After that I learned to go(produce sample) at lightning speed and finish up immediately. I also leave the door open 1-2 inches in case the nurse needs to enter. The door is at the end of a hallway in the staff area so only the nurse would go near the door anyway.

The reason it's so involved now is that people can cheat. You forgot to mention they have a built-in thermometer on the urine cup and they check the temp. This is to prevent someone bringing in urine from someone else and pouring into the cup.

I just took one again a few weeks ago.

The worst part about taking the tests is that you must meet the deadline to take it else it's considered as failed. I always go the first day to prevent any unforeseen emergencies that could cause you to miss the test. In my area only are open for drug tests for a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the afternoon. If you are in an existing job and drug testing for a new job, you likely will need to take the morning or afternoon off, unfortunately. 10-12 and 1-3 are typical drug testing hours that I have seen.
They will just cram a balloon or test tube up their vagina or anus and it will be room temperature by the time they take the test.

There are pages and pages of how to beat drug tests on YouTube. Some of them actually work.

Old 08-13-2016, 05:54 PM

2,347 posts, read 1,454,304 times
Sounds pretty similar to my drug test a few years ago. They stood outside the door while I went, and that was a bit of pressure.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:15 AM

2,869 posts, read 6,407,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
They will just cram a balloon or test tube up their vagina or anus and it will be room temperature by the time they take the test.

There are pages and pages of how to beat drug tests on YouTube. Some of them actually work.
I knew a guy who worked in a hospital lab told me this story.

A stockbroker firm kept sending an employee in for a drug test since he was coming to work high. This went on for several times and the employee kept coming back clean.

Finally they took a blood sample and it was positive for cocaine. Since he was caught they asked how he beat the urine tests.

Right before the test he would put a catheter in himself and pour clean urine into his bladder.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:16 PM

8,804 posts, read 13,294,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post

A stockbroker firm kept sending an employee in for a drug test since he was coming to work high. This went on for several times and the employee kept coming back clean.

Finally they took a blood sample and it was positive for cocaine. Since he was caught they asked how he beat the urine tests.

Right before the test he would put a catheter in himself and pour clean urine into his bladder.
Even though the withdrawl from drugs is bad it can't be worse than that.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:28 PM

5,466 posts, read 8,154,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post

Eeek...the things people will do.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:16 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,806 posts, read 54,470,896 times
I have only had a drug test once, and it was not for an employer. I was a small business owner and got a contract to do work on a new building at a local community college building. The general contractor required not only his employees but also all sub-contractors and their employees to be drug tested. It was no different than going to the doctor for an annual physical and giving a sample, if anything, took less time.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:38 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,196,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I have done at least 7-8(maybe 10, I lost count) of them in the past 5 years because I do consulting work and often new clients require a drug test.

One time a took a tad too long in the restroom and the nurse almost broke down the door. You could hear the distress in her voice. After that I learned to go(produce sample) at lightning speed and finish up immediately. I also leave the door open 1-2 inches in case the nurse needs to enter. The door is at the end of a hallway in the staff area so only the nurse would go near the door anyway.

The reason it's so involved now is that people can cheat. You forgot to mention they have a built-in thermometer on the urine cup and they check the temp. This is to prevent someone bringing in urine from someone else and pouring into the cup.

I just took one again a few weeks ago.

The worst part about taking the tests is that you must meet the deadline to take it else it's considered as failed. I always go the first day to prevent any unforeseen emergencies that could cause you to miss the test. In my area only are open for drug tests for a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the afternoon. If you are in an existing job and drug testing for a new job, you likely will need to take the morning or afternoon off, unfortunately. 10-12 and 1-3 are typical drug testing hours that I have seen.

I just had to take a urine test today. This is the first time I ever noticed the deadline requirement. I didn't produce a huge amount, but she said it was fine.

I hate taking the tests because I am never applying for a position where drug impairment would be a safety issue or something of that nature. I don't do drugs, but I get paranoid anyway.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:41 PM

5,382 posts, read 2,196,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
I'm pretty sure you doctor isn't going to time you. Also, those tests are for your information only and if the doctor violates that there are big penalties under federal law. Also, the tests you get in a physical probably don't have a 5% to 10% false positive rate.

Plus you get to flush and wash your hands immediately afterwards and you don't have to lock up your belongings, etc.

The test I took today was in a bathroom configured without a sink, so you had to drop off your sample before you could wash your hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or