U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 08:41 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,483,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
not true for wells.. the majority of their postings are in risk management and compliance and to someone else's point a lot of these are jobs well over 100k and want folks with that specific experience (5-10 years+); and typical bonus would be 30-40% for those roles. Analytics/Tech roles can certainly get into that salary range as well - but the bonus is much lower.
PS. Those $150k salaries are certainly better than what BoA or JPM(outside of investment banking) pays. When I was talking about risk roles, it was for the other banks on the list.

BoA Risk:
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Ban...bTitleFTS=risk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 05:54 AM

1,381 posts, read 1,343,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
That may be true that they make well over 100k, if they have 5-10 yrs experience. I would be very surprised of tons of guys making over $100k with 5 years of risk experience. I am working with some Risk guys with 5-7 years exp that came from a different bank on the list. Maybe they were getting 30-40% bonuses at the other bank, but I know our company only pays the standard 10% for all analysts, risk or analytics. They would jump ship for Wells Fargo. That's a nice bump.

You are discounting the analytics and tech jobs though. Maybe these numbers are way off. Those senior analytics non-management guys seem to be doing well even at 100k+ base. It's not $150k, but it's over the 100k cutoff of the original story.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Wel...eFTS=analytics

I made over $100k with only 5 years exp in analytics in the banking/finance industry. I don't even work for the TBTF banks anymore. I know a few guys building data models hired and make well over $100k and get big bonuses at another TBTF bank. I would be surprised if Wells Fargo is paying comparable positions only $100k.

I wasn't talking about 10 yrs experience guys really. I was just looking around at the lower level guys making that kind money, usually the number of positions over $100k will be bottom heavy at $100k and get thinner as you get over $200k.
both tech and risk certainly pay well with the right level of experience (and/or education); i've seen recent grads come in with relo and an 85k start with no experience in places like Charlotte where the COL is lower than the other cities you would see these jobs.. I think the bonuses are the main difference i've seen at least at WF.. They just aren't willing to pay a huge bonus for most tech positions; whereas compliance and risk generally start at a 20-25% and go well upwards of 40% for more experience. It's a great spot to be if you have the experience; just wanted to share a little more info for any folks interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or