U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2016, 12:25 PM

75 posts, read 69,518 times

Advertisements

I'd like to work with a recruiter during my job search but I am not sure how to find good ones specializing in my industry and for senior level positions. A simple google search does not yield many results. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 07:20 PM

799 posts, read 741,078 times
Exclamation How To Find a Specialized Recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magni View Post
I'd like to work with a recruiter during my job search but I am not sure how to find good ones specializing in my industry and for senior level positions. A simple google search does not yield many results. Any recommendations?
Why did you not tell us what your profession is?

I'm in the business and know people but unless you tell us what your industry/expertise niche is, how is anyone supposed to know who to suggest?

If you don't want to say and still expect an answer, the best I can suggest is that you look in the back of industry publications/magazines where recruitment firms would normally advertise.

Also, go to your industry websites. There is usually a 'Jobs'/'Careers' section where there will be jobs listed, often by recruitment firms and there may also be display ads by recruitment firms listed there, also.

You could also go to LinkedIn and plug in jobs by title that would match who you are. From the results, will be jobs listed by recruiters. Presumably, they specialize in the jobs listed.

You could also go to Indeed.com and plug in job titles and see from the results, which jobs in the results are from recruiters. You can then contact them and see if they have any jobs that would match your industry/expertise.

Paul........

Last edited by HeadhunterPaul; 09-04-2016 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: To add another great idea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search