U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2016, 01:03 AM

1,378 posts, read 2,114,490 times

Advertisements

About 3 weeks ago, I was scheduled to meet with a team. Initially, I spoke with the HR Manager on phone and he contacted me the following day explaining that the team was interested in bringing me in for an interview.

At the interview, I spoke with the HR Manager and he told me I was to meet with the SVP and VP.

I first met with the VP and I thought it went well. At the conclusion of our conversation, she told me she would talk to her boss how the interview went, and I'd come in for another day to meet her. I responded by telling her that according to the HR Manager, I was scheduled to meet with both her and the SVP.

She responded saying that her boss left in the middle of our conversation. I looked up the two people on LinkedIn so I was aware of their appearance before heading in. When walking through the office, I noticed the team leader was in her office. But when leaving, the VP even walked into her office but she was no where to be seen. Although I drove 40 miles, I was still motivated to come back again when necessary.

A few hours later, the HR Manager called me and asked for my salary expectations. He said my number was right where the range was. He said that was all he needed to know for now. That was about 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a single thing ever since.

In hindsight, I really wish I met with the SVP that day. Other candidates probably met with both people whereas I only met with the VP. Does it seem like they chose another candidate at this point? 3 weeks of silence...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 07:07 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,334,224 times
hard to say - i would check glassdoor reviews or interview comments to see if that is a normal timeframe for this particular company. I wouldn't take the SVP leaving personally though, stuff comes up and people have to leave during the workday. I would continue to look for other positions and if these people end up calling you back great, but if not, you've continued your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search