Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 05:10 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,905,408 times

Advertisements

So I put my current address on my resume. but on indeed it gives you 3 relocation choices. but only local recruiters are sending me emails. So i changed my address to my relocation city and state(my dad lives there in Delaware). No emails or anything. So I changed it back to my current address and back to square 1. Should I change it back to Delaware and just wait?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 02:33 AM

3 posts, read 1,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
So I put my current address on my resume. but on indeed it gives you 3 relocation choices. but only local recruiters are sending me emails. So i changed my address to my relocation city and state(my dad lives there in Delaware). No emails or anything. So I changed it back to my current address and back to square 1. Should I change it back to Delaware and just wait?
So you relocated back to Delaware? What kind of job are you looking for?

Old 04-20-2017, 12:18 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,165 posts, read 80,294,308 times
Your best chance for success is to save up and move there, then apply for jobs as a local. Except for top management or extremely talented tech people, companies are not considering people from out-of-state when they have plenty of qualified applicants locally.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM

12,066 posts, read 23,124,117 times
^^ This. For most jobs there is simply no need to hassle with out of state candidates.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:56 PM

424 posts, read 643,100 times
I tried an out of state search and had ZERO luck..and only when I moved locally did I have way more traction. Unless you are some Executive or ultra specialized person, ain't gonna happen.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:59 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,865,739 times
I just always left off my address on the resume when I was trying to relocate to another location.

If the application process required an address, I attached a cover letter which had a blurb in it about my intention to relocate to the area the job was located in and mentioned that I had family in the area.

It does take a bit longer to find a job out of state but it is worth it.

I got out of the hellhole I was exiled to when my 2nd to last job went offshore and I got stuck taking the first thing that came along and though it took longer was able to relo back up North to PA.

Totally worth the extra effort & wait!

Old 05-01-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuncatt View Post
So you relocated back to Delaware? What kind of job are you looking for?
I live in Minnesota and use my Minnesota address. I want to move to the east coast. But only Minnesota recruiters are messaging me

Old 05-01-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
I just always left off my address on the resume when I was trying to relocate to another location.

If the application process required an address, I attached a cover letter which had a blurb in it about my intention to relocate to the area the job was located in and mentioned that I had family in the area.

It does take a bit longer to find a job out of state but it is worth it.

I got out of the hellhole I was exiled to when my 2nd to last job went offshore and I got stuck taking the first thing that came along and though it took longer was able to relo back up North to PA.

Totally worth the extra effort & wait!
that could work but one problem. My job is still current. So it says current job Bloomington Mn. It just looks suspicious to leave off your address and the city and stat of all your jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search