Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 09:02 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAndRugby View Post
What you are really telling us is that you are an unemployable loser. You want to become a CPA but can spell correctly, or better yet, don't feel the need for it? That translates to unemployable loser for every employer that will read it. You're not applying for some menial job, you're applying for an important office job that will require written comunication. If you can't be bother to spell correctly, don't bother applying for office jobs.

Why do you not feel comfortable revealing that online?
A note on this. The guy I know who is in his 12th year at Devry for an MBA also can't spell worth anything. His resume and his LinkedIn profile are riddled with 5th grade grammar and spelling mistakes. Few of his sentences for the bullet points on his resume are even coherent.

Again, this is the guy who is almost 40 and is in his 12th year in a 2 year program at a no name school, with his construction worker daddy paying for it.

OP can be as uncomfortable as he wants about revealing where he went to school. The reality is that he/she clearly went to a mediocre online only school that isn't even worth the paper the degree is printed on.

OP, you can disregard what I'm saying all you want, but at the end of the day, I'm a self made millionaire who did his MBA at a well recognized AACSB accredited brick and mortar school that also does online programs (it's a very popular traditional state school), making well into the six figures, and I did it in just over a year, paying cash, having stood on my own two feet since I was 18 years old. I'm pretty sure my opinion is worth more than yours OP...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 09:07 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Was it an online college?

If so, forget about it. No decent public accounting firm is going to hire anyone from an online school.

I taught accounting at a major online college, absolute joke, basically just one big federal funds money grab.
Can you imagine a person walking into a CPA's office with a degree from Walden University Online or Devry hanging on the wall??? I used to hire CPA's to do the taxes for my rental properties in Seattle, and they had state university degrees. Even THEY were incompetent I came to find out. Even the CPA for my company was a moron, I had to explain to him how to fill out a W2 properly THREE times before he figured out that I was right, citing IRS links to tax code each time I explained it. I can only imagine what one of the online school only graduates is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search