Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 04:23 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,489,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I charge a range of $1,000-$2,000 for writing a resume, but I work with a niche clientele (corporate executives) and have decades of experience. I stay pretty busy and work exclusively by referral, so clients obviously see the value in what I do.

With that said, there's no reason to pay for a service if you understand your target audience (prospective employer), the value you offer, and the best way to market yourself for the desired role.
Wow! Is there a different charge for just redoing an already made resume?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 05:33 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
10 years ago I paid some company that shall remain nameless -- but sells itself as specializing in "federal resumes" -- for 2 resumes at $600 EACH. That was AFTER attending one of its federal resume writing workshops for 200 bucks.

I do NOT think it was wasted money at all. In this life, most times, you have to pay for education and knowledge. You pay in money. -- Or you pay in experiences or hard knocks.

It DID help me and give me another way to present myself on paper. And I NEVER would have written my resume "pitched" toward want they were looking for if I hadn't attended that workshop. In a 'private sector' resume you just don't have to write a book and list every damn thing you did, day-to-day. That never would have been occurred to me to have to explain what certain job titles and duties are.

Even just the workshop teaches you how to do it for yourself. But I paid for two resumes to be done because I wanted to see what they'd give me for a resume (was assigned my own resume writer to work with me, I sent info, she talked with me, and back and forth, she put it together) Personally I think it was worth it. Even though, I never got a job using their resume. The knowledge, info and INSIGHT I gain was worth it.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:55 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,481,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Only issue is the job applying for these resumes are not going through computer's. Your resume and cover letter they emphasize will be personally screened and reviewed. Say that the resume and CVL will play a role in advancing to next stages in the hiring process.

I am okay shelling out $200 if it helps me land the job.
I agree. I plan to utilize a professional resume service when I am ready. Format is just as important as content.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:36 PM
ERH

1,700 posts, read 2,530,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Wow! Is there a different charge for just redoing an already made resume?
No, because I don't do those.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:27 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,332,379 times
Along with my wife and a few people I know paid to have their resume done but it was $50-$60, I believe. But these people were looking for admin, office jobs. I'm not paying anyone over $100 if I was looking for an admin job. I wouldn't mind paying someone in the $100-$500 range if I was looking for management position and anything above $1000 or more I better be looking for a CEO, CFO type of position and I expect perfection. The price I'm willing to pay comes down to what position I'm applying for, the resume writer's expertise, and his/her niche market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search