Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 09:25 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,295,851 times

Advertisements

So true. I had a recruiter asked for pic before they could send my profile to client, she then asked for another one saying it's not clear. After some back and forth I just couldn't see the relevant of it, as pic clearly shows my face features, unless she's looking for skin pores. She also asked for personal info, needless to say I wasn't going to provide without an interview offer.

In the past, I had mostly positive experiences with recruiters which helped my job search, but lately I find they either don't care or over demanding. I got better response from direct company with interview offers, with recruiters basically just waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 01:27 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,895,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
So true. I had a recruiter asked for pic before they could send my profile to client, she then asked for another one saying it's not clear. After some back and forth I just couldn't see the relevant of it, as pic clearly shows my face features, unless she's looking for skin pores. She also asked for personal info, needless to say I wasn't going to provide without an interview offer.

In the past, I had mostly positive experiences with recruiters which helped my job search, but lately I find they either don't care or over demanding. I got better response from direct company with interview offers, with recruiters basically just waste of time.
That's just insane

You did the right thing by not providing personal information though.

The only photo recruiters get of me is via my LinkedIn profile and that is enough IMO.

I did have one recruiter ask me for my date of birth here a couple of weeks ago and asked him if he knew anything about employment law

I looked him up on LinkedIn and his profile had a tag next to his name "Senior Recruiter of (young) Professionals for the Manufacturing Industry".

I'm gonna laugh when his firm gets the hell sued outta them for age discrimination.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:14 PM

297 posts, read 166,779 times
I get calls and emails daily about 4-12 month contract jobs. Almost always the name in the email is Indian. Absolutely always the accent at the other end of the line is Indian.

To make matters worse, they ask for a great deal of information. Birthday, month and date, last 4 of social, to name the more compromising ones.

I just delete the emails. I've tried the "unsubscribe" but that's of course a joke. They also have a disclaimer in their emails about a US law that doesn't exist. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slamming_Bill
When it comes to phone calls at first I would politely say no thanks. Then I'd just curse at them. Then I'd listen to their spiel, agree with everything then in the end tell them to go f themselves. Now, as soon as I hear the Indian accent I just hang up. they call me back, I hang up again.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:42 AM

669 posts, read 581,979 times
I compare them to school counselors.....not much help. imho

Old 05-20-2018, 07:06 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
I compare them to school counselors.....not much help. imho

That's a great analogy. I wish I had thought of it that way first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search