Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 09:18 AM

3 posts, read 2,119 times

Advertisements

I haven't even started yet but I will in a few days. I lied when they asked me how social I am. I am told them 8 out of 10 when in reality I am 1 out of 10. They will eventually find out I was lying. Also, I lied by not putting the information on my resume of my last job which only lasted 7 weeks since I got fired. 2 weeks ago I went to fill out paperwork for the job I was offered and I was asked if I was receiving unemployment. They told me it's mandatory for them to know this because they get some kind of credit when I was forced to talk to someone on the phone they called and I was asked if I was receiving unemployment and other questions. I told them I did then had to fill out another form related to unemployment. This means they know I lied because they know people who get unemployment it only lasts 14 weeks the maximum and on my resume it says I haven't worked since June of last year. Can I get fired for this? I don't want to get fired. In reality all I want is to get the job I applied for before this one many weeks ago which I didn't get. I wanted that job because it's the job I did for 7 weeks that I got fired for but I enjoyed the job since there was very little talking needed and I was working by myself..... I don't like the job position I got hired for. I only learned enough about it to determine I didn't want it after the interview and I was so sure I wasn't going to get it but still did and I still don't know how the hell I got it when everything pointed that I wouldn't and it was the worst job interview I ever had and couldn't answer many questions unlike the job interview for the job position I wanted (same company, different location) which I was so sure I was going to get because I answered the questions very well and the person interviewing me looked very impressed..... I had to accept this job position I don't want because if I didn't then that would be considered rejecting a job and that would mean I would have to put that in my weekly claim for unemployment. I applied for the job position I wanted again but the application wasn't selected..... What should I do?????? I really wanted the other job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 12:04 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times
What should you do? Stop lying. The rest is too difficult to decipher.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:59 PM

23,290 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurifiedWater View Post
I haven't even started yet but I will in a few days. I lied when they asked me how social I am. I am told them 8 out of 10 when in reality I am 1 out of 10. They will eventually find out I was lying. Also, I lied by not putting the information on my resume of my last job which only lasted 7 weeks since I got fired. 2 weeks ago I went to fill out paperwork for the job I was offered and I was asked if I was receiving unemployment. They told me it's mandatory for them to know this because they get some kind of credit when I was forced to talk to someone on the phone they called and I was asked if I was receiving unemployment and other questions. I told them I did then had to fill out another form related to unemployment. This means they know I lied because they know people who get unemployment it only lasts 14 weeks the maximum and on my resume it says I haven't worked since June of last year. Can I get fired for this? I don't want to get fired. In reality all I want is to get the job I applied for before this one many weeks ago which I didn't get. I wanted that job because it's the job I did for 7 weeks that I got fired for but I enjoyed the job since there was very little talking needed and I was working by myself..... I don't like the job position I got hired for. I only learned enough about it to determine I didn't want it after the interview and I was so sure I wasn't going to get it but still did and I still don't know how the hell I got it when everything pointed that I wouldn't and it was the worst job interview I ever had and couldn't answer many questions unlike the job interview for the job position I wanted (same company, different location) which I was so sure I was going to get because I answered the questions very well and the person interviewing me looked very impressed..... I had to accept this job position I don't want because if I didn't then that would be considered rejecting a job and that would mean I would have to put that in my weekly claim for unemployment. I applied for the job position I wanted again but the application wasn't selected..... What should I do?????? I really wanted the other job.
Most of this wasn't understandable but it sounded as if you were trying to milk the system.

You are more likely to be fired for something like fraud....such as lying about not receiving unemployment benefits when you actually did receive them. It could negatively effect your new employer or get them into trouble. Fibbing about how social you actually are isn't great, but probably doesn't break any sort of rule or regulation. They'll find out the truth eventually. Why were you fired before? Think about that.

Stop lying. The reason you lied matters. You were being dishonest in order to benefit yourself, to get something you may not be entitled to have. You were lying to deceive a potential employer, to make yourself sound like a better candidate than you were. It is a habit that will come back to bite you. You might get away with it in this case, but eventually you'll make a bigger mistake, get caught in a lie, and be fired. That history won't be as easy to undo. If you do stay in the job you got, give it a genuine effort until something better comes along. If you really don't want it, don't waste their time. Your attitude will probably give you away and guess what? You may be right back where you started in the unemployment office.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:49 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times
Tough post to read. Use proper sentence structure and paragraph breaks.

Yes, you lied on your application, and that is generally considered grounds for dismissal. If I were the hiring manager and this came to my attention I would probably fire you. I would care less about the outgoing personality thing as long as you could perform on the job, although it’s possible that personality is important here. I would fire you because you lied about your previous employment history.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:03 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
You can be fired for anything as long as its not in violation of law. I'd fire you right now if I could. Sounds like you deserve it.

What should you do? Do your research beforehand and stop applying for jobs you dont want.

Or you can just not show up, lie and never mention it on your unemployment questions.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:49 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
Just move forward as best as you can. Try not to lie; maybe skew the truth a bit if it's harmless and doesn't hurt anyone. The whole interview and job acquisition process is a bit of farce these days anyway. Don't let people get the best of you. Aim high.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:18 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,984,674 times
Lots of problems that should not be.

1. State unemployment offices are prohibited by federal law from disclosing recipient of benefits to any employer. Employers participating in some state approved benefit program or credit for those on unemployment can only seek certification that a person was collecting at time of hire after that person was hired. Soliciting that information prior to hiring is allowed but claimants can decline to answer or answer in the negative. Terminating a person based on those two answers is not considered misconduct under all state laws. However, answering in the positive when it is not true is misconduct.

2. You can refuse any and all jobs that is not considered suitable under the unemployment regulations of your state. It's a misconception that when collecting benefits, you're forced to accept any job. Realty is, every state has a standard for suitability and how it applies based on current unemployment status.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:25 AM

The question is who in their right mind would put a job on their resume that 1. Only lasted 7 weeks and 2. Got fired from, I went to unemployment classes, the teacher told me NOT to put this on my resume because I won't get hired because of it.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
You can be fired for anything as long as its not in violation of law. I'd fire you right now if I could. Sounds like you deserve it.

What should you do? Do your research beforehand and stop applying for jobs you dont want.

Or you can just not show up, lie and never mention it on your unemployment questions.
so you are telling me to break the law? that's considered fraud to lie to unemployment and this could cause me to give all the money back. The only reason why I applied to this job is because I'm not allowed to apply to the same job position every week by the same company and this is the only company other than the one I got fired from that has this job position and it's the only one I really want. This other one would be a second choice but in reality I don't want it. I only want one job position.

Last edited by PurifiedWater; 05-26-2018 at 10:36 AM..

Old 05-26-2018, 10:07 AM

2,702 posts, read 2,764,850 times
Holy paragraphs Batman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search