U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 04:03 PM

918 posts, read 1,039,359 times

Advertisements

330 is usually consider a good time since it lets the prospective employee to just lie and say he is going out for an dentist apt or whatever and not have to return to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 02:40 PM

599 posts, read 692,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
WHo said "show up whenever"?

I've never had an interview where they didn't ask me when was a good time, or suggest some specific times I could pick from or otherwise go through a process with me to figure out a mutually agreeable time.

I've never had someone who assigned me a set interview time regardless of my availability, and I'd likely pass if someone treated me like that and said it was their way or the highway.
Okay, that was hyperbole on my part but your original post did say "most interviews are pretty lenient on the time schedule." When we have a hiring action we try to work with candidates, but we also set a defined date and time period to interview everyone so it doesn't drag on forever. As fishbrains said, there are a lot of other people who have to rearrange their schedules to interview several people, so options can sometimes be limited.

Nevertheless, good luck on your interviews.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:06 PM

21,177 posts, read 11,780,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Kittens View Post
Okay, that was hyperbole on my part but your original post did say "most interviews are pretty lenient on the time schedule." When we have a hiring action we try to work with candidates, but we also set a defined date and time period to interview everyone so it doesn't drag on forever. As fishbrains said, there are a lot of other people who have to rearrange their schedules to interview several people, so options can sometimes be limited.

Nevertheless, good luck on your interviews.
I'm not sure who you are responding to because I never said anything about interviews being lenient, nor am I interviewing.

But it remains the case that if a company has no flexibility in interview times, it's more likely than not that they will end up missing out on some people who have existing lives and careers with obligations and can't automatically show up at one specific time for the convenience of the interviewer. I personally haven't had an issue coming up with a mutually agreeable time for an interview, and if a company was that inflexible, I'd know it wasn't going to be a good fit so no big loss anyway.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:36 PM

3,785 posts, read 2,999,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjyiz28 View Post
but this one is 3:30PM in la/OC county in california is no fun.
I once did three interviews in one day: one in Long Beach, one in Downtown LA, and one in Santa Monica.

Suck it up, Buttercup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or