U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 06:36 PM

798 posts, read 738,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blancojewel912 View Post
Yeah, I was suspicious! I tried to find the LinkedIn profile of the person who is currently in this position to no avail. I'm sure their experience would have told a different story. I mean come on, I have five years of experience, it would not have been that big of a challenge working in a larger facility than what I'm use. Smh. Many people HR backgrounds at the hospital were similar to mine when comparing past roles as well as the sizes of their facility.

Just because you got a response as to 'why' you were rejected does not mean the 'reason' is true. It could easily be the 'safest' thing they could think of to say.

You are probably following a false trail based on their giving you an untrue 'reason' why you were dropped from consideration.

That they even gave you a 'reason' by replying to your inquiry is quite unusual.

Keep stressing or move on.

Paul........

Last edited by HeadhunterPaul; 07-12-2018 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: more great ideas from HHP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 08:44 AM

86 posts, read 56,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadhunterPaul View Post
Just because you got a response as to 'why' you were rejected does not mean the 'reason' is true. It could easily be the 'safest' thing they could think of to say.

You are probably following a false trail based on their giving you an untrue 'reason' why you were dropped from consideration.

That they even gave you a 'reason' by replying to your inquiry is quite unusual.

Keep stressing or move on.

Paul........

This activity was the day after my rejection. I am not stressing, I just gave an answer to his statement. They

have made up their mind and it is nothing I can do to make them reconsider. I know, I know, I know.

Jewel........

Old 07-13-2018, 01:21 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,201,316 times
Quote:
Hello to all,

I had a phone screening with a recruiter on Thursday. I thought it went pretty well, there was one question that I stumbled on and had to recollect. He said that the HR Manager would be in contact with me. Well, low and behold, I got a rejection emailed yesterday, and my application status was changed to Not Hired. And it was a job I really wanted smh. But anyway, I wonder who does the rejecting? Is it the recruiter or HR? It looks to me, HR because of the time it took to be rejected. But geese, what's the point of the phone screening with a recruiter if HR is going to reject you?! Yeah I do understand that they screen to see if your experience is related to the job duties of their open position, but then again, I don't understand.
You can't apply normal logic to what HR does or doesn't do. Their main activity is to justify their existence, so they think nothing of wasting people's time. Because when they waste your time, they are able to show how they spend their time.

HR does nothing useful. Do your best to by-pass them and deal with the hiring manager directly.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I emailed the recruiter as to why was I rejected from the job. He stated they needed someone who's three plus years of X experience, even though they didn't list that and stated the applicant at the minimum needed under a year of experience.
See what I mean? HR is useless. If they knew that, why didn't they make sure that was in the job posting before it went out to anyone? Or could have asked you that through e-mail or within the first minute of the phone conversation. The thing is, HR can tell you anything, they are never held accountable for their actions. If HR is a problem, it is a tip of the iceberg for the whole company, because management hired people in HR.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but from my experience a better job comes along.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Just depends on the company.

In some companies, HR has a lot more power. In others, they basically act as a passive passthrough to management.
HR is always controlled by management. They might like to act like HR has control, but they don't. If HR isn't moving fast enough, it is the fault of the management because when they really want to do something like pay a bonus to top executives or purchase box seats for sporting events, you can be sure that's done perfectly and immediately.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:08 PM

86 posts, read 56,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
See what I mean? HR is useless. If they knew that, why didn't they make sure that was in the job posting before it went out to anyone? Or could have asked you that through e-mail or within the first minute of the phone conversation. The thing is, HR can tell you anything, they are never held accountable for their actions. If HR is a problem, it is a tip of the iceberg for the whole company, because management hired people in HR.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but from my experience a better job comes along.
Thank you, I hope a better opportunity comes along also .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or