U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 06:00 PM

5,685 posts, read 5,963,461 times

Advertisements

I just got a big hit. Wow! I am intrigued. I have to wait to see if the hiring manager is interested. The pay is awesome. I did not expect this. Just keep applying. You never know.

I am waiting on a few prospects. This one makes all of the others look like ... I do not know. I leave it to God. I feel energized. I am going for a walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 06:43 PM

86 posts, read 58,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I just got a big hit. Wow! I am intrigued. I have to wait to see if the hiring manager is interested. The pay is awesome. I did not expect this. Just keep applying. You never know.

I am waiting on a few prospects. This one makes all of the others look like ... I do not know. I leave it to God. I feel energized. I am going for a walk.
Congrats! I hope it works out

Old 07-26-2018, 07:12 PM

Thanks. I want what is best for me in the long run. I want to stay put and grow.

Are you getting calls to interview with hiring managers?

Old 07-26-2018, 08:46 PM

714 posts, read 783,373 times
Quote:

Whoo hoo! Yeeeeessss!

Go, goodlife, go!!

Old 07-26-2018, 09:02 PM

86 posts, read 58,146 times
I only send them out to companies I am really interested in! And honestly, right now, I am just feeling lost. I am just completely lost. I get this way after a period of being charismatic. My creative juices stream heavily during the night, so I was brainstorming for a cv/email, but got discouraged. Very few of the jobs I feel out I actually really like. The ones I do, I feel like I don't meet all of their requirements and preferences. I wrote an email to a director early this moth, but still nothing. I wrote one yesterday to another. And today, I was about to write some more, but then I realize I'm not qualified. I'm just tired. I really am. Job searching is not easy, not easy at all. I just don't know what to do. I try to learn and implement what I learn, but still no luck. I'm just tired. Life gets the best of me. Like why am I here? Why am I still here? I am a human, I make mistakes. I learn from my mistakes, I try to do better. But I am still here.

Old 07-27-2018, 04:09 AM

I understand. The job search is a grueling process. It is important because it is tied to our livelihood. In addition, it represents who we are. I do not like this but it is true.

Don't beat yourself up. Your approach is unconventional. You are trying to sell yourself to people who may or may not need someone. Hiring is a process. Approval is needed to hire someone. I urge you to continue but it should not be counted as part of the hunt. You are fishing.

People only care if they need you and it is approved in the budget. You may have to expand your horizons. I am not receiving calls from where I should. It does not make sense. It appears the jobs that I apply reluctantly to are the ones that call. It is so strange.

The positions are in the same industry but are vastly different. My head is spinning. There is so much opportunity in this place but will anyone want me? I have so much to offer.

I recently had an interview with a young and inexperienced girl. She was not qualified to conduct the interview. She was in awe of my ability to articulate what they do. I was asked a series of questions that clearly showed immaturity and lack of industry knowledge. (HR) The company is doing phenomenal work. I wrote my resume with this type of opportunity in mind. The staff is mature and experienced. We'll see.

I am starting to read we do not discriminate against people 40 and older. Ridiculous! I will never be able to wrap my head around this.

I like it when I get hits from my Linkedin profile. You see me and what I have done. Nice pic. I like it. Lol!

As I said before, there is no rhyme or reason to the hiring process. The only thing we can do is to keep applying with the hope of getting interviews. It does not matter until you are given an offer and successfully complete the hiring process.

Why we are here as opposed to somewhere else? I do not know. I wonder why this person or that person got this opportunity. The truth is it is really none of my business. I need to keep my eyes on my own paper.

I have so much to do in the next upcoming weeks. I am beyond stressed. I hope the day is uneventful. Have a good one.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:15 AM

2,078 posts, read 613,967 times
Quote:
I am not receiving calls from where I should. It does not make sense. It appears the jobs that I apply reluctantly to are the ones that call. It is so strange.

The positions are in the same industry but are vastly different. My head is spinning.
The jobs available on the open market for most industries outside of tech are not new and they are the leftovers that nobody wants, except those who are desperate.

Welcome to the Hunger games!

Old 07-27-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomadness View Post
Whoo hoo! Yeeeeessss!

Go, goodlife, go!!

Old 07-27-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The jobs available on the open market for most industries outside of tech are not new and they are the leftovers that nobody wants, except those who are desperate.

Welcome to the Hunger games!
There is truth to this. I am saddened by the fact the opportunity I may get will be because it is not desirable to the masses due to the salary. However, the opportunity has some good meat on its bones. It will teach me what I lack to get me where I want to go. Location is awesome. I only want to work in a certain location. They may still say no.

I was excited by the last prospect because of the salary but I do not know if I am really interested. However, I will follow up on every lead.

I want to live, work and play in my community. It is not what I want, it is about what I get. Sigh!

Old 07-27-2018, 07:16 AM

754 posts, read 871,747 times
I need to start calling people in my industry to start a conversation. Email is okay but calling is better. Waiting for job posting doesn't cut it, you have to do more to have more conversations with people who are in a position to hire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or