Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 11:09 PM

18,622 posts, read 33,192,920 times

Advertisements

You most certainly can detect alcohol in a urine test, although why the company would care about a morning-after positive urine bit of alcohol is beyond me.
I write this from the back office of the detox unit where I am working tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 01:25 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,093,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
You most certainly can detect alcohol in a urine test, although why the company would care about a morning-after positive urine bit of alcohol is beyond me.
I write this from the back office of the detox unit where I am working tonight.
I worked at a place with truck drivers and one hit and killed another motorist on the highway. His car was on the side of the road median and the driver drove over the vehicle crushing the driver's side, while the man's wife was in the passanger side untouched. He had just retired the day before. The truck driver had been drinking the NIGHT BEFORE and there were still traces of alcohol in his system. This is precisely why a company cares about the morning after.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:53 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,745,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Why they'd care about a morning-after positive marijuana test is beyond me too, but a LOT of people support testing for that (in the workplace)... go figure.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,093,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why they'd care about a morning-after positive marijuana test is beyond me too, but a LOT of people support testing for that (in the workplace)... go figure.
See my post above yours ^^^^

Also there are illegal drug issues with majiuana.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:42 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,745,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
See my post above yours ^^^^
Your post was regarding DRUNK drivers, which are in a whole category of their own.

Quote:
Also there are illegal drug issues with majiuana.
That's my point... it's ridiculous that something more dangerous (alcohol) is legal & socially accepted, while marijuana is still "taboo" and illegal. But of course, that's a debate for the P&OC forum. It's just interesting how people are defending the OP's alcohol consumption, but if he came on and said "I smoked a joint last night, and now I have to take a urine test" you'd all probably say "Oh well, your fault for being stupid!" - or something like that. Just speculating, but I have seen a similar scenario play out here.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 7,809 times
i went on a being for alcohol for four days straight and took a **** test on wednesday. what will be my outcome?..i went to the hospital on fri after my being and got shots of vitamins, fluids and such. will i pass my test. it had been 96 hours since my last drink..or a little longer...please help

Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,054,823 times
Old thread but I will comment, YES they can detect alcohol using a urine test, if it is included with the drug screen test they are looking to see if the person is drinking the time of the test and/or if they can go a few hours without drinking.

Companies screen new employees and after an accident for insurance and worker's comp reasons, alcohol and drug use are the leading causes of accidents in the work place.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:42 PM

17,888 posts, read 27,284,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
What's wrong with it is if you drive, whether it be a truck or your own car on company time or operate any machinery, they are liable for anything that happens. It also puts other employees at risk and, essentially, you are coming to work under the influence.
Hmmm... old thread and missed the response. Someone repped me on my last post in here, so I'll breathe life into this one again.

My response was to the OP. This was not a driving position, so your response to me was irrelevant to the topic. But, for the case of driving positions, I believe the saying goes, "Eight hours from bottle to throttle." But that's for pilots I think.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:06 PM

1 posts, read 7,614 times
Default alcohol testing for diversion DUI class

I had my hs reunion last night and had a couple drinks, like 2 shots and sipping on champagne, I later poured out the champagne just because I really didnt want to finish drinking it. Anyway, Im currently taking diversion classes for a dui and I have class on tuesday (reunion last night was a saturday) and could possibly have my random UA. I also just had one done last week so the chances are slim, but if they do what are the chances they will detect alcohol in my sytem? I have been drinking lots of water, and peeing like crazy and Im just very paranoid that it could show up. Anyone know how long it takes and what I may be able to do to flush it out of my system quickly and given the amount I drank do I have alot to be concerned about?? Please help....Im a nervous wreck!!

Old 07-23-2012, 04:31 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,305,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke3432 View Post
i just recently was given a 3month probation of drug screening ever monday wednesday friday. i must be clear for 3 months if i want my license back. i just want to clarify that alcohol is safe. im 6.2, 175 lbs
They aren't looking for alcohol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search