Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 07:26 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,363,614 times

Advertisements

On top of that that they had me fill out an online form to verify my referral and then another tax preliminary form.

So what happens now? Does being considered mean that you will be contacted for an interview? A recruiters email was also CX’d on the email. How should I follow up with the email CC’d if I don’t hear back from the job in 2 weeks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 07:44 PM

4,873 posts, read 2,650,088 times
Yes, you may be contacted to set up an interview, so be ready.

I would not worry about contacting anyone or checking up to see how things are going. If and when they are ready to set up an interview with you, they will contact you.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Yes, you may be contacted to set up an interview, so be ready.

I would not worry about contacting anyone or checking up to see how things are going. If and when they are ready to set up an interview with you, they will contact you.
Thanks a lot for the info. One thing I do not like doing is bothering people, especially when given an opportunity. Going to spend the weekend going over the job posting.

The same company also gave me 2 hirevue digital interviews for two other positions. So I have more faith that the job I was considers for might lead to an interview.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:33 AM

4,873 posts, read 2,650,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Thanks a lot for the info. One thing I do not like doing is bothering people, especially when given an opportunity. Going to spend the weekend going over the job posting.

The same company also gave me 2 hirevue digital interviews for two other positions. So I have more faith that the job I was considers for might lead to an interview.
Ok, good. Good luck with getting the job!

Old 09-22-2018, 09:51 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,452,852 times

Old 09-23-2018, 08:59 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,074,259 times
Quote:
On top of that that they had me fill out an online form to verify my referral and then another tax preliminary form.

So what happens now? Does being considered mean that you will be contacted for an interview? A recruiters email was also CX’d on the email. How should I follow up with the email CC’d if I don’t hear back from the job in 2 weeks?
Do you know what the title is?

If it is for an associate, it's going to be the lowest salary band and jr roles. The experienced roles are titled as VPs, but you don't manage anybody. It's equivalent to a senior analyst role outside of banking, so don't worry about having to manage people.

You want to avoid the associate level, if you have been working for a while and have a good amount of experience. It may not meet your salary expectations.

To get an idea for salaries, you can check out www.h1bdata.info and filter by 2017 and 2018. I find the numbers are usually higher than what's on glassdoor. Glassdoor keeps numbers for 3 years, so the 2015 salaries weigh down the recent salary reports.

H1B salary numbers are reported to the federal govt. JPMC uses the same salary band for H1B and citizens.

2018 H1B:https://www.h1bdata.info/index.php?e...YORK&year=2018
2017 H1B: https://www.h1bdata.info/index.php?e...YORK&year=2017

Some of those VP roles can get pretty crazy with $150-180k for VP Software engineers. Outside of engineers or architects, it's more likely $100-$150k plus bonus for VP level.

Last edited by move4ward; 09-23-2018 at 09:47 AM..

Old 09-23-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Do you know what the title is?

If it is for an associate, it's going to be the lowest salary band and jr roles. The experienced roles are titled as VPs, but you don't manage anybody. It's equivalent to a senior analyst role outside of banking, so don't worry about having to manage people.

You want to avoid the associate level, if you have been working for a while and have a good amount of experience. It may not meet your salary expectations.

To get an idea for salaries, you can check out www.h1bdata.info and filter by 2017 and 2018. I find the numbers are usually higher than what's on glassdoor. Glassdoor keeps numbers for 3 years, so the 2015 salaries weigh down the recent salary reports.

H1B salary numbers are reported to the federal govt. JPMC uses the same salary band for H1B and citizens.

2018 H1B:https://www.h1bdata.info/index.php?e...YORK&year=2018
2017 H1B: https://www.h1bdata.info/index.php?e...YORK&year=2017

Some of those VP roles can get pretty crazy with $150-180k for VP Software engineers. Outside of engineers or architects, it's more likely $100-$150k plus bonus for VP level.
I don’t have much experience. Only two years worth of work experience and 0 work experience related to finance. I’m open to starting at 65K and up since I’m pretty much at entry level. But the job title is Business Management senior associate.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:26 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,074,259 times
Quote:
I don’t have much experience. Only two years worth of work experience and 0 work experience related to finance. I’m open to starting at 65K and up since I’m pretty much at entry level. But the job title is Business Management senior associate.
It's probably around $75k-80k+10% bonus, because seems to outside the investment bank . $65k is what they pay fresh college graduates in low COL areas on the consumer side.

There was an H1B candidat with the same title and he got $79k. Just ask for $80k and call it a day. They will likely give you the same offer.
H1B Business Manager Associate $79k: https://www.h1bdata.info/index.php?e...year=All+Years

You could ask for 85k also. You either get it or get the $80k lower offer. I always ask for about $5k more than the highest salary I see online. I have been working for 20 years, and I have never been rejected for asking too much. They just give me their best number and I accept.

Last edited by move4ward; 09-30-2018 at 08:47 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
It's probably around $75k-80k+10% bonus, because seems to outside the investment bank . $65k is what they pay fresh college graduates in low COL areas on the consumer side.

There was an H1B candidat with the same title and he got $79k. Just ask for $80k and call it a day. They will likely give you the same offer.
H1B Business Manager Associate $79k: https://www.h1bdata.info/index.php?e...year=All+Years

You could ask for 85k also. You either get it or get the $80k lower offer. I always ask for about $5k more than the highest salary I see online. I have been working for 20 years, and I have never been rejected for asking too much. They just give me their best number and I accept.
Wow thanks a lot for the info.

Old 10-02-2018, 01:11 PM

925 posts, read 1,328,072 times
what is the "tax preliminary form" for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search