U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 01:12 AM

15 posts, read 5,927 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone who was offered and accepted a Social Media Evaluator job but unfortunately fails the Training part resulting in losing the job.

This is the situation that I had unfortunately ran into.

I was offered a Part Time Social Media Evaluator job which is temporary and decided to accept it and went through filling out information online for a Background Check which I passed and filled out the I-9 form and submitted it by E-Mail (With a copy of the documentation to verify Employment Eligibility) then comes the Training part and near the end of it is a 11 Question quiz that you need to get 10 of them right to pass in 3 attempts or less in order to move forward I end up failing after 3 attempts to get enough of those questions right therefore I end up out of a 5 to 7 hour a week job before being able to start it (It will happen within the next 4 Days).

Has this happen to anyone here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 06:05 PM

602 posts, read 453,825 times
You should not do a background check nor do an I-9 form prior to accepting an offer. The test was probably impossible to pass and that was their way to break the connection with you gracefully. Sounds like a scam to get your identity and whatever else you gave them. BTW, what does a Social Media Evaluator do?

Old 09-26-2018, 06:33 PM

A Social Media Evaluator is someone who looks at a Company's interactivity on all Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram for example).

The company who was offering the job was not a scam it was a Legitimate company and the offer was accepted before the background check was done and the I-9 form got filled and sent in.

I only found out about this job from a E-Mail that was sent to me.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:58 PM

My trust in people/companies is showing It just seems suspect that a company would fire someone before they started. Maybe the quiz should have been part of the interview/qualification process. Did you get paid for your time?

Old 09-26-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
My trust in people/companies is showing It just seems suspect that a company would fire someone before they started. Maybe the quiz should have been part of the interview/qualification process. Did you get paid for your time?

Not at all.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:08 PM

You should charge them and if they don't pay, report them to the Department of Labor. Even if it is just a few dollars.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
You should charge them and if they don't pay, report them to the Department of Labor. Even if it is just a few dollars.

I would doubt if that's even worth it. I don't think they even pay for the training phase they likely only start paying when they are given actual work.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:25 PM

2,614 posts, read 2,246,097 times
Sounds like an identity scam to me.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:06 AM

1,552 posts, read 404,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Sounds like an identity scam to me.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. The OP should contact local law enforcement or the dept of labor and find out where to file a complaint about this, cause something is very wrong.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:42 AM

This is not a Identity Scam and I got this E-Mail today from them.

This is part of what the E-Mail message says.

We are writing about the status of your employment with us.

As you know, successfully passing our training qualification quiz is a requirement to be able to perform regular work as an SME. Unfortunately, you have been unable to successfully pass this quiz. As a result, we are unable to continue with your employment. Accordingly, we would like to advise you that your employment with us will terminate, effective October 03, 2018, for lack of qualifications. Please ensure that you have submitted your training hours worked by the end of tomorrow.

The time that was spent on the Training phase has been put onto the timesheet and has been submitted to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or