U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 12:08 PM

5,115 posts, read 2,313,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
It's better than hiring them, and being a no show on the their first day of work.

The company I used to work for hired a senior vice president who pulled a no-show. We joked about it for years. Every so often, "Hey, anyone remember [not his real name] Bill No-Show Smith [not his real name]?" "Ha Ha Ha Ha!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 05:56 PM

918 posts, read 1,038,801 times
How long did it take to create this top 6 list? I did a interview with a govt entity and the process was terrible. It was really a waste of time, maybe these people thought the same?

Old 12-13-2018, 07:28 PM

2,404 posts, read 684,967 times
We have massive age discrimination against older workers out there in the private sector.

Here we have a GOVERNMENT AGENCY looking to hire people who, by definition, are older.

Stable job. Great pay. Decent benefits. Pension. A dream job for most.

And these idiots are ghosting?

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Two years from now when they're laid off from their private sector HR job, they'll regret ghosting this agency.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:14 AM

662 posts, read 222,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
I agree.

NO attempts should have been made to contact the no-shows; that's ridiculous.
They should have simply crossed their names off the list.
NEXT!

Agree..I was a no-show by accident..I misinterpreted the invitation to interview for a position via phone. It was actually for a FTF. My fault. I wrote a note and mailed to the interviewer with my sincere apology owning up to my misunderstanding I never heard back. That job continues to be posted over and over as many other jobs that I ininitally had an interested in. Not a great sign to me imho.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:44 AM

7,721 posts, read 9,018,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
Our local school district is hiring a new Human Resources Director and my wife is part of the Interview Team. The open position was posted, 16-18 Resumes received, each member of the Interview Team individually reviewed all Resumes and selected their personal Top 6 choices. These 10-12 lists of personal Top 6 candidates were then compiled into a single Top 6 List. Each of the Top 6 was contacted and scheduled for an interview on the same evening.

Last night was the Interview session and two of the Top 6 candidates, who each had acknowledged and accepted their interview time, did not show!

Multiple attempts were made to contact the missing individuals, cell phone, text, home phone, email, etc., all the means of communication provided by the two 'No Show' candidates.

No response from either missing candidate!

Remember, this is for the Human Resources Director. The person who schedules and performs all other interviews and would be highly irked by No Shows they schedule for interviews. Being a Director's position the qualified candidates typically have 20 years of experience. This is not an entry level position.

Unbelievable!
This goes to show you just how flaky people are these days.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:42 AM

172 posts, read 100,002 times
It is disrespectful to the employer, but... These people also do not owe the company anything. There is no obligation for people to drop to their knees and respect the almighty employer.

If they don't show, scratch them from the list. Don't stress over them, as they assuredly could care less about you.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:40 AM

10,608 posts, read 13,138,122 times
The candidates who don't show probably have nothing to lose. Probably accepted an offer. Second likley scenario is they are working already and decided they are not interested, and continue sesrching elsewhere. Since they have nothing to lose, they dont care. I feel a phone call to say they pass is best. Or an email if its too awkward for them. I once worked in a place where we hired a new person, with a great background and history. She showed up drunk the first day. You never know with people.

There are cases where an offer is accepted, start date scheduled, and they never show up to work. This happens more commonly then most think. You can never know what happens in thier life between accepting, and that first day, or even beyond that.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:35 AM

1,371 posts, read 461,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
I agree.

NO attempts should have been made to contact the no-shows; that's ridiculous.
They should have simply crossed their names off the list.
NEXT!
Totally agree, but sometimes, I think, they try to contact to make sure something didn't happen to the candidate.
No show? No job
I agree that the no shows either decided they were not longer interested, or accepted another position. I would have called to notify the interview staff. "appreciate your consideration, but I've accepted another position and will not be at the interview. Thank you." No show with no notification is just plain rude and says a lot about the candidate.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:31 PM

9,519 posts, read 13,436,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
Is your wife complaining to you about this? Who cares? They could be bots or they could have accepted an offer, they could have decided many things. Take it personally because that is necessary.
It's a waste of his wife's time. I'd be pissed too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or