U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 10:26 AM

5,300 posts, read 3,296,612 times

Advertisements

I applied for a job and got an email two days later asking to set up an interview. The email was sent from an HR system with one of those noreply@site.com email addresses. The body of the email had an email address to reply to, so that's what I did. I immediately got an automated system bounce back saying that the email address does not exist.

Next, I called the HR department and asked for the correct email address of the person in the email. They forwarded the call to that person. That person said she did get the email and asked if I could come in on X date at X time for the interview. I said yes and she said she'd check with the others on the hiring committee and get back to me.

This was on Friday and it's now Wednesday and I haven't heard anything new.

Is it too soon to reach back out?

Also, I'm already sort of bothered by the email bounce and the lack of response. I'm guessing that's probably not a good sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 12:13 PM

506 posts, read 267,495 times
I'd call if I were you, but it sure sounds like the gang that couldn't shoot straight... Use it as a "practice interview."

Old 10-10-2018, 04:42 PM

5,684 posts, read 5,928,269 times
Call.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:09 PM

1,541 posts, read 399,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I applied for a job and got an email two days later asking to set up an interview. The email was sent from an HR system with one of those noreply@site.com email addresses. The body of the email had an email address to reply to, so that's what I did. I immediately got an automated system bounce back saying that the email address does not exist.

Next, I called the HR department and asked for the correct email address of the person in the email. They forwarded the call to that person. That person said she did get the email and asked if I could come in on X date at X time for the interview. I said yes and she said she'd check with the others on the hiring committee and get back to me.

This was on Friday and it's now Wednesday and I haven't heard anything new.

Is it too soon to reach back out?

Also, I'm already sort of bothered by the email bounce and the lack of response. I'm guessing that's probably not a good sign.
Call again, be friendly when you do.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:13 AM

5,300 posts, read 3,296,612 times
I called and left a message. The next day I got a call back from someone else wanting to set up an in-person interview. Kind of annoying about the in-person interview (I generally prefer phone calls for the 1st interview since they don't take as much time or prep), but I'll do it regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search