U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 06:54 AM

8,799 posts, read 13,294,168 times

Advertisements

Yea I also was completely shocked at how terrible a lot of or even most people behave at interviews, especially HR people. I guess those psychometric tests don't work given the large number of employees with out of control personality disorders manifesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 03:22 PM

1,812 posts, read 315,245 times
Update: I still haven't heard from this company, so I have to assume they're passing on me, but I still require closure, even if it's just a form email saying they're going forward with someone else.

So I emailed the recruiter this morning requesting them to tell me "yes or no". Of course no response at all. To me that means the Tiger Moms want someone else but they're not going to give me a definite "no" until someone else is hired.

Since I do need a job and can't sit around waiting eternally as a backup, I emailed the partner of another position I had already turned down waiting for this annoying job, spoke to them on the phone, and will know by tomorrow if I have a job or not.

I'm hoping for a mid November start so I can have one more month of being at home, stress-free, with my cat.

Old 10-19-2018, 03:39 PM

Another update: I accepted the offer to the niche cpa firm and will be starting as a manager in November. Fortunately I don't actually have to manage any staff but just my client caseload.

I emailed that big 4 accounting firm that has been stringing me along, rescinded my application and told them I accepted another offer.

So now it's all settled.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:01 PM

2,614 posts, read 2,244,013 times
Congrats.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:22 AM

1,093 posts, read 629,142 times
Good job, must be reliving considering all the nonsense you've just been put through.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:41 AM

2,067 posts, read 600,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
Another update: I accepted the offer to the niche cpa firm and will be starting as a manager in November. Fortunately I don't actually have to manage any staff but just my client caseload.

I emailed that big 4 accounting firm that has been stringing me along, rescinded my application and told them I accepted another offer.

So now it's all settled.
Good Luck. Hopefully you won't have to come back to the main work subforum about the manager from hell

Old 10-21-2018, 05:26 PM

1,862 posts, read 717,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post

So now it's all settled.
Excellent! Congratulations.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:19 PM

Thank you everyone. My plan b is to win the MegaMillions and never work again, but I suspect I'll be going back to work in November.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:44 AM

1,580 posts, read 825,990 times
I have had many interviews where they were rude. I don't understand it. If you don't like someone or don't feel they are qualified, just don't hire them. I don't get being rude during an interview. Congrats on the new job, Taffee...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or