U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 03:00 PM

15 posts, read 5,936 times

Advertisements

I had managed to get these 2 E-Mail messages today and both of them we're received 2 minutes apart both of them were regarding the same Job Application that I had filled out with them for the same position.

Here's what the first E-Mail had said.

We want to thank you for taking the time to apply with us for the position of Customer Service Advocate - Pittsburgh, PA, 784589 at UnitedHealth Group.

Unfortunately, the opening for this specific position is no longer available at this time. If you have expressed interest for other positions, we will continue to review your qualifications and will keep you informed about your status on those positions.

We value you as a potential contributing member of our accomplished team and encourage you to apply for other positions that match your talents and interests. We will inform you of jobs matching your criteria if you selected this option during your application process.

If you have questions regarding positions of interest or would like to know more about the process, please join us during one of our regularly scheduled recruiter chat sessions. For more info regarding these, please click here. Additionally, please feel free to check in our candidate portal to check on your status for any other positions you may have applied to. You can view a list of all positions you have applied to from your profile by clicking into the tab "My Jobpage" and sub tab "My Submissions". To view your status on a completed application, refer to the Submission Status for more information.

We hope that you will continue to consider our company when you are searching for new opportunities. At UnitedHealth Group, we are constantly seeking to reinforce our team to make healthcare work better than ever and hope you will explore other positions and continue to consider UnitedHealth Group as a prospective employer.

Again, we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply with UnitedHealth Group. We hope to see your name among the candidates for other positions in the future. Itís the first step in finding an opportunity that could very well lead to your lifeís best work.SM

Best regards,
Talent Acquisition

And you think that's bad check out the E-Mail message that came in 2 minutes later.

Thank you for taking the time to apply with us for the position of Customer Service Advocate - Pittsburgh, PA, 784589. We truly appreciate your interest in this position and in UnitedHealth Group as a prospective employer.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider you for this position at this time. To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting. Although your skills and qualifications are impressive, we have identified other candidates whose experience more closely fit the specifications of the position.

To view additional opportunities with us, please visit our Careers website at careers.unitedhealthgroup.com. If you have expressed interest in other positions, we will be glad to review your qualifications and will keep you informed about your status as we evaluate candidates. Please feel free to log in to our candidate portal to check on your status for any other positions to which you may have applied. You can view a list of all positions applied to from your profile by clicking into the tab "My Jobpage" and sub tab "My Submissions". To view your status on a completed application, refer to the Submission Status for more information.

Again, we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply with UnitedHealth Group. We hope to see your name among the candidates for other positions in the future. Itís the first step in finding an opportunity that could very well lead to your lifeís best work.SM

Best regards,
Talent Acquisition

These E-Mail messages in my opinion do cause some confusion as which one should be taken seriously what is your opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 03:16 PM

6,856 posts, read 3,887,202 times
The only thing I would take seriously in a "form" rejection is that they sent the same thing out to many people.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:16 PM
ERH

1,159 posts, read 1,643,598 times
Neither was an invitation to interview, so take them both seriously and move on.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
Neither was an invitation to interview, so take them both seriously and move on.

Only one would need to be enough if they want to reject your application.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:39 PM

17,327 posts, read 10,250,800 times
Be thankful they notified you.

Some companies don't even give you that common courtesy, as has happened to me with several jobs.

Like I always say, these things are never a win for employers. If they send out a notice to let you know you aren't being chosen for a position, whether e-mail or phone, there will be criticism at how 'impersonal' and 'robotic' it all is. But if an employer doesn't send any notice at all, they would also be criticized for being so callous.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:29 PM

6,899 posts, read 7,306,042 times
As a writer I just think they're both waaaay tooooo long.

They just seem to go on and on, to the point of yada, yada, yada.
Both those emails could easily be half as long.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:01 PM

To respond to the 2 previous replies to this thread.

1. - Any employer who decides to not offer you a job without notifying you is in my opinion complete ignorance especially after they conduct an interview.
2. - Being notified that they are not considering you for anything is better than being completely ignorant and not notifying you at all.
3. - Sending 2 different E-Mails telling you that they are not considering you is too redundant they only need to send 1 E-Mail to inform you of any such decision.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 PM

1,872 posts, read 724,434 times
Don't worry about those emails. Forget them and move on.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:14 PM

2,614 posts, read 2,249,297 times
The worst is when you spend all the time it takes to fill out the online application, send it, and within seconds you get a rejection email.

That is a nice punch in the gut for you.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
The worst is when you spend all the time it takes to fill out the online application, send it, and within seconds you get a rejection email.

That is a nice punch in the gut for you.

Fortunately that never happened to me. When I filled out the job applications online days would pass in the event a rejection E-Mail if any ever came my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or