U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2018, 03:25 PM

3 posts, read 594 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was given a verbal offer by my recruiter on Wednesday saying the company I interviewed at would like to offer me a job. After the phone call the recruiter sent me an email listing the salary and other benefits. I accepted the offer and the recruiter passed my details onto the company. The only contact I've had so far with the company is a lady emailed me for my sizes so they could order my uniform. I've also not been asked for my references or IDs for checks. The company is a top 500 global company so many layers of personnel, I guess this could take sometime. So how long should I wait before asking for the written offer, am finding this wait harder than doing the interview itself? I didn't ask the the recruiter about a written offer as I thought it was a given.

I've only dealt with really small companies before so this is a new experience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 03:36 PM

17,241 posts, read 10,169,578 times
What Should You Do If You Have A Verbal Job Offer But Not A Written One?

Received Verbal Offer. How long does the HR take to get the approvals for the official offer letter?

Old 10-29-2018, 03:21 PM

602 posts, read 452,404 times
An offer in email should be good enough.

Old 10-29-2018, 03:33 PM

1,075 posts, read 644,593 times
Fortune 500= no worries.
The ID/direct deposit info may not be required until your first day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or