U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 04:27 AM

662 posts, read 223,253 times

Advertisements

Keep moving.....i never recieved a rejection letter from a business I thought was interested in hiring me. We had spoken for a couple of months. In fact...only one interviewer actually sent me a rejection letter. I have a thick skin regarding the job search process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 08:56 AM

2,063 posts, read 598,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
Keep moving.....i never recieved a rejection letter from a business I thought was interested in hiring me. We had spoken for a couple of months. In fact...only one interviewer actually sent me a rejection letter. I have a thick skin regarding the job search process.
It is frankly unprofessional. For a job that pays at least 100k there is no reason to leave candidates hanging. The candidate pool is smaller and you undoubtedly will encounter them again at some point in another interaction (even at another company) and they will remember.

Well this is why they have issues with candidates ghosting them now. It's all coming full circle.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:19 AM

3,757 posts, read 2,124,153 times
This is the employers fault. These ridiculous child like high school games they play with applicants sending mixed message and BS song and dance routines. I would be sickened if I was the manager and found out what is going on. If you got crummy interviewers who play mind games with applicants chances are the employer sucks anyways and the employees are probably miserable. It won’t be a good place to work and not worth the effort

It’s why I continue to get out do the private sector. Employers are JOKES today. The chances of finding one that isn’t is like winning the powerball

Old 11-10-2018, 07:58 PM

4 posts, read 1,184 times
Quote:

Really? I was informed the HR manager was on vacation this whole week. Maybe that's why my references haven't been checked yet. In any case, it does seem odd that they continued interviewing after they sent my reference/background forms. Idk if it was for the same job, though, because the job I applied to isn't on Glassdoor, LinkedIn, or Indeed, but it is still on their company website.

Also, I know; I've been applying to other jobs afterwards. The mentality of "just keep applying" is just hard to swallow, because it's like 1 out of 200 applications results in an interview, and you still have to jump through plenty of interview hoops before being seriously considered for a job. Now you got through the final round, and get asked for references, and you're asked to forget about it and move on after all that? Sucks...

Old 11-10-2018, 08:46 PM

2,419 posts, read 690,595 times
Don't get attached to any job application. I suspect this company is not worth working for. Pay attention to the bolded parts below

Quote:
6 different people (3 coworkers, a VP, a Director, and the hiring manager for the second time)
This is ridiculous. Unless you are a high level executive, such a huge amount of time and effort to interview talent is a huge waste. I predict work is piling up and many are not happy about that.

I suspect that the shortlist were all VERY CLOSELY QUALIFIED to the point they're just nit picking small ridiculous things. (i.e. is this guy a Green Bay Packers fan?)

So if they're nitpicking small things at the job interview, imagine how nitpicky they will be if you somehow manage to get the job!

How they treat candidates is how they treat employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or