U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 490 times

Advertisements

Where is it that employers go to bash employee’s ... I’ve already found a site, connected to a government site that was actually described as such ... however, they are members only sites and membership is not open to just any random person who wants to pay some fees and join ... so what’s next ... I have two ACTIVE nursing licenses ... good standing ... 55 job applications and only 2 call backs ... the last call back was followed by an e-mail only a couple hours later saying they decided to interview other candidates instead, followed by another email by the company I was going to hire to rewrite my resume sending me an e-mail the following day after my appointment with them, then emailing my resume ... for them to email me and tell me they were not going to take me on as a client. All of this within 24 hours. Everyone who says there’s no such thing as being black balled ... NOT TRUE ... it’s alive and well ... and it lives from FT. MYERS to FLORDA/GEORGIA border ��

Last edited by ORGANDONOR; 11-02-2018 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 01:03 AM

7,119 posts, read 2,921,213 times
While you're searching for that non-existent "employer underground" maybe you should check into your paranoia and persecution complex. Why are you searching for work if that standing is so great? Did it ever occur to you that nothing was going on other than run-of-the-mill competition? Why on earth would a resume-editing service care what some employer thought about you? That has got to be a first!

Old 11-03-2018, 04:41 AM

1,862 posts, read 716,497 times
I'm sure that blackballing exists. Do you have reason to suspect that you were blackballed?

Old 11-05-2018, 04:43 AM

6,880 posts, read 7,278,655 times
OP, are you saying that the incidents of the resume writing service not wanting you s a client -- and the company not interviewing you or your application not getting further along are related? I can't see it. But in the history of mankind I suppose stranger things have happened.

I'd never imagine that a resume writing service would turn down a client, never heard of such a thing. But who knows, maybe with the holidays coming up, it has all the business it wants. If it's a large business maybe they just lost some writers and can't take on the job -- you'd think it would figure out a way to NOT turn down business, but if contractors turn down work or have jobs they don't want to do, I suppose other businesses can turn away business as well. And if it's a small outfit, maybe it really does have more business than it can handle in a timely manner, and doesn't need the stress of more business.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:06 PM

2,419 posts, read 690,595 times
Sounds like you need to relocate elsewhere.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORGANDONOR View Post
Where is it that employers go to bash employee’s ... I’ve already found a site, connected to a government site that was actually described as such ... however, they are members only sites and membership is not open to just any random person who wants to pay some fees and join ... so what’s next ... I have two ACTIVE nursing licenses ... good standing ... 55 job applications and only 2 call backs ... the last call back was followed by an e-mail only a couple hours later saying they decided to interview other candidates instead, followed by another email by the company I was going to hire to rewrite my resume sending me an e-mail the following day after my appointment with them, then emailing my resume ... for them to email me and tell me they were not going to take me on as a client. All of this within 24 hours. Everyone who says there’s no such thing as being black balled ... NOT TRUE ... it’s alive and well ... and it lives from FT. MYERS to FLORDA/GEORGIA border ��
As a nurse, you may want to check your record in the GroupOne Database https://gp1.com/. GroupOne is used in North Texas as a shared human resources database by all the members of the DFWHC https://dfwhc.org/. While GroupOne operates as a credit reporting agency, it is in fact a shared human resources database used by hospitals in the area to screen job applicants. If you've ever done work here in Texas and especially North Texas, it is likely you have a record. Even if you haven't worked here, here are companies and hospitals outside of Texas that will do background checks using GroupOne.

Google for "blackballed GroupOne" and you'll find threads right here on city data talking about nurses in your situation. People end up in their database for all sorts of reasons and you can use the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to challenge the record if anything is inaccurate. So, you're not paranoid. They're out to get you. And You can DEFINITELY be blackballed and find it difficult, if not impossible, to find work as a nurse even if your license is in good standing.

What surprises me is that the idea of using a credit reporting agency as a centralized human resources database throughout the USA has not caught on as a general service to employers. Imagine having your boss in any job say: "do what I tell you or I'll GroupOne you and you'll never find work again." The only reason this would work is the fact that you could challenge the information via the FCRA and have it removed. Of course, we all know how responsive and ethical credit reporting agencies are. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or