U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 09:14 AM

69 posts, read 15,340 times

Advertisements

Thank you. I'm happy that I went with a recruiter and didn't think of it before. It's been a long time coming to find a new job that's closer to home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 09:09 AM

69 posts, read 15,340 times
UPDATE: I am updating this thread since I have a new question. However, I don't have the job anymore. Not sure if I can trust recruiters anymore. I had found out from the company that I was under another position which was hard. The recruiter didn't tell me about this until after the first day.

So I have been applying for new jobs since then. I just did a phone interview last Thursday. I was set to go in for a face to face interview but it was changed to a phone interview because the person interviewing me from a Law Firm was so busy. She wanted to do a phone interview instead due to meeting a client that day. The phone interview was a little bit over 30 mins. I wasn't sure if I passed it because she kept questioning some stuff.

I was the first person she interviewed. She had other people to interview. I was surprised when she called Today for me to come in on Thursday for a face to face interview.

My question is, why am I going in this early for an interview when she has other people to interview? She told me it would take a couple of weeks to move forward since she had other people to interview.

Is it because she did interview some people and they decided to back out or ask too much money? Something else?

Old 03-18-2019, 11:06 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,463,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeWalton3 View Post
UPDATE: I am updating this thread since I have a new question. However, I don't have the job anymore. Not sure if I can trust recruiters anymore. I had found out from the company that I was under another position which was hard. The recruiter didn't tell me about this until after the first day.

So I have been applying for new jobs since then. I just did a phone interview last Thursday. I was set to go in for a face to face interview but it was changed to a phone interview because the person interviewing me from a Law Firm was so busy. She wanted to do a phone interview instead due to meeting a client that day. The phone interview was a little bit over 30 mins. I wasn't sure if I passed it because she kept questioning some stuff.

I was the first person she interviewed. She had other people to interview. I was surprised when she called Today for me to come in on Thursday for a face to face interview.

My question is, why am I going in this early for an interview when she has other people to interview? She told me it would take a couple of weeks to move forward since she had other people to interview.

Is it because she did interview some people and they decided to back out or ask too much money? Something else?
You did good on the interview and you made it to the next round. It's like asking why a job candidate keeps interviewing, when they make it to the 2nd round of their first interview.

After my first interview in a new job hunt:
1) I keep lining up interviews to choose the best job fit.

2) If I am not offered a job, I need other options.

After their first interview for a new candidate:
1) They line up more interviews to choose the best candidate.

2) If that candidate choose another company, they need other options.

It's just two different sides of the same coin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or